Coffs Harbour Spotting - Firefighter Edition!

Hello Everyone,

Recently, I went out to my local airport in Coffs Harbour. I was originally headed out to get the Virgin Australia Boeing 737; but was surprised to find a few other aircraft headed back to "base" after some hard work in Northern New South Wales... I'm talking about the water-bombing aircraft of course!

First up, we have the wonderful Virgin Australia Boeing 737-8FE. This particular aircraft has the registration VH-VUT, and flew in from Sydney as Velocity 1167 (VOZ1167). VH-VUT started with Virgin Blue, which is now Virgin Australia, and was named “Yabba Dabba Blue” in December 2009. Now she is named “Alma Bay”.

Up next, we have a wonderful, but very loud, Boeing 737-3H4! This beauty has been based in Coffs for the fire season, and is a workhorse for the New South Wales Rural Fire Service. The aircraft is registered N138CG, and is with Coulson Aviation. The aircraft first started with Southwest Airlines back in July of 1995 with the registration N608SW.

And finally, the British Aerospace Avro RJ85! This magnificent aircraft is Canadian registered C-GVFK and in October 1995, she started with Lufthansa Cityline as D-AVRH. She now flies with Conair Aviation, and is assisting N138CG and the Rural Fire Service in fighting the fires in Northern New South Wales.

I hope you like my photos! Feel free to give me some feedback down below!

Best Regards,
-Adam

20 Likes

Hello Adam, very cool pictures!
I had no idea you lived in Coffs Harbour, it’s nice to see more aussies on the forum :)

2 Likes

Thanks Josh! Yes, it is great to have some Aussies on here…

I love the picture of the Avro

1 Like

Thanks dude! Really appreciate it…

1 Like

I can already feel as though this year the fire season is going to be bigger and badder, let’s just hope not.

Love the shots mate form down in Coffs hope to see more soon.

2 Likes

I agree. Thanks man!

These are really good, love the firefighting 737.

1 Like

Thanks mate!

1 Like