Coffs Harbour (CFS/YCFS) Spotting - January 2020

G’day,

Welcome to my first spotting post of this year! Each of the following photos were taken over the few weeks of January, and boy did we get some cool aircraft!

First up, we have a Virgin Australia Boeing 737-8FE, this one being registered VH-YFV and is named “Princess Charlotte Bay”. This aircraft operated VA1167 from Sydney. Unlike their American partners, this aircraft was creating a vortices, not dumping fuel.

Next, we have a Qantas Dash 8-400. Belonging to QantasLink, this aircraft has a registration of VH-QOF and is named “Byron Bay”. This aircraft operated QF2116 from Sydney.

Keeping with the Qantas theme, we have a Dash 8-200! The -200 is the smallest aircraft of the Qantas fleet. This aircraft has a registration of VH-TQX and is named “Lord Howe Silvereye”. This aircraft operated QF2114 from Sydney.

And as typical YouTube videos do, I’ve left the best for last…

Here we have an Alliance Airlines Fokker 70 in the “100 Years England-Australia livery”. This aircraft has a registration of VH-QQW and bares a beautiful livery! This aircraft operated QQ552 from Canberra.

Thanks for reading through and looking at my pictures!

Let me know what your favourite photo is and how I can improve them!

Happy Spotting,
-Adam S

46 Likes

Is this thing a regular at Canberra?

1 Like

Somewhat. It’s a charter for the NSW RFS. They’ve flown in and out during the peak of the fire season.

-Adam

1 Like

Oh my god you have the sun the warm and it’s fun and I’m going spotting in 25 degrees weather. Very good pics also!

1 Like

Haha. Thank you!

Australia has a very diverse climate, one day we’re on fire, the next we’re flooding!

-Adam

Wow. Those are just amazing!

1 Like

Thank you, Alex!

-Adam

1 Like

Very nice pictures mate, doesn’t seem to be smoky in Coffs anymore.

1 Like

Nope, it’s been gone for a few days now… Which is great!

Thanks mate!

-Adam

1 Like

Aw man. I had spare time when I was there and I didn’t even bother checking for it. Shame

1 Like

Ahh well.

The Fokker 70’s seem to be flying into Coffs Harbour, Port Maquarie, Merimbula, Melbourne, Canberra, Armidale, Ballina and Brisbane…

Just in case you find yourself in one of those locations…

-Adam

2 Likes

I’ve seen that particular Fokker in Mildura a couple of times too. Nice shots!

1 Like

Thank you! I too have seen it fly to Mildura a few times.

-Adam

1 Like

What camera do you use?

Whilst I don’t have an “actual camera” I make do with my Pixel 4 and a lens attachment…

-Adam

1 Like

Really nice shots, good to see an Aussie airport featured on here. And I love the Alliance special livery, it frequents Sydney Airport.

That’s a relief, I’d be super worried seeing a 737 dumping fuel.

1 Like

very nice adam cant wait till april

Haha. I agree, Australian airports always have some ineteresting traffic.

Exactly, I agree 100%. A 737 dumping fule wouldn’t be good, or possible (to my knowledge)…

-Adam

1 Like

Thank you!

Why wait till April? I might have anoher one of these next month as well…

-Adam

1 Like

Really nice mate, love the second photo!

1 Like