Cockpit Shots from the Boeing 727

I tried with this one, but it failed. Too washed out.

Just thought I’d share some cockpit shots of the iconic 727. Enjoy! Taken inside of N258FE.

53 Likes

Wow those are cool! Boeing still uses some of the same designs for the throttle levers, the speed brake levers, and the flap knob in their aircraft today! I’ve never set foot in any cockpit of any aircraft(well maybe once in a model) so I’m hoping to do so one day!

4 Likes

Next time you fly commercially, politely ask the gate agent before boarding, or the flight attendants upon boarding. If the flight crew isn’t busy, I’m sure they’ll let you in for a minute or two. Did this on my most recent flight on an MD-80 with Allegiant. I usually don’t, but I had to make an exception for the Maddog. I told the captain the MD-80 is my favorite, and he replied with “Oh really, I hate the MD-80.” Only at Allegiant. 😊 Goes to show how dated their fleet is. It’s amazing to see the cockpits in person. This was at Western Michigan University. FedEx donated a 727 for WMU’s maintenenace program. I’ll hopefully be going there next year for aviation.

7 Likes

Those are some really great clicks you got there @Sam_S! They make the plane look even older and you know, I don’t have the word for it, amazing would be kind of appropriate.

2 Likes

Thank you! This trijet is definitely aging. They still fire her up every year, though! I’ve been told they fire up the engines every so often, and take it out for an 80 knot cruise down the runway at BTL. Nice to know they still keep her going in some fashion.

The rear stairs apparently weigh two tons.

7 Likes

Oof! That’s a lot (quite a lot for stairs) and yes, the trijet sure is aging… I bet older avgeeks like @Maxmustang miss it! Unfortunately, I haven’t seen one IRL 😢

3 Likes

I wish I could go back in time for just a day to experience what air travel was like back when they were in their prime. It’s actually a lot larger in person than what I expected. I wish another trijet would come back, just with modern day avionics and performance. Maybe Boeing has some last minute plans in store for the 797. 😉

1 Like

I also got to see one! I didnt get to push any switches or anything tho…

Taken in N7001U/First ever 727

2 Likes

Nice! That must be the first 727 every built. I like the first yoke design Boeing used for the -100. I actually prefer the -100 over the -200. It’s shorter, yet still just as elegant.

1 Like

That’s cool! I’ve only been in the cockpit of a CRJ-200 as they are like the only aircraft that fly to my little regional airport.

Only Pic I took… They were on a tight schedule

3 Likes

First ever?! Damn, that’s cool!

1 Like

Ever wondered what’s gonna come after the 797? Boeing 8 series??

1 Like

I have no clue. I have to imagine that would be the direction they would move in. Time will tell I guess!

2 Likes

Wow, you really can tell how aviation has evolved, even by looking at these photos.

1 Like

I love this jet, Amerijet actually operates on in KMIA. Thing sounds like a rocket, I like calling it a missle. You’ll be deaf once you stand near it when close to full power ;).

2 Likes

Whats the airport called?

@Sam_S. MaxSez. She was once the king of the regional fleets. I remember her well on the east coast run. Pa to NC, she was my “Liberty Bus” from CLNC
when I was Dating my future wife of now 56 years. Thanks for the memory.

4 Likes

Wow! They’re awesome!

Fayetteville Regional KFAY

1 Like

These are stunning shots. The level of detail is amazing. Great job.

1 Like