Cockpit Seat View Configuration

This idea may be helpful for some people for getting a more comfortable seat view of the outside of the aircraft or getting some views just for fun like a view from above the nose of the aircraft for getting another cool views.

This idea consist on three Slideable Buttons, one for the height, one for moving sideways and the last one for moving to the front or backwards.

It can also be included in the wing views for moving up to your favorite wing view.

Here’s a picture of the idea:
64B1D395-6620-47C9-A4C5-B678568BF6BF

What’s your opinion?

This is a cool idea, definitely doesn’t deserve priority but maybe when/if FDS runs out of things to do, which they have a very long list ahead of them so I doubt that this would happen anytime soon.

7 Likes

Not really a priority. I am perfectly fine with the current view and I think a lot of other people are. :)

7 Likes

I remember when I was in an A388 (NZAA-YSSY) I got to go in the cockpit(after the flight of course) And so the pilots showed me some cool stuff - This was actually one of them.
So I played with that a bit and I thought it was pretty cool

“The only form of entertainment we get” ~ Emirates A380 Pilot (that is actually what he said)

7 Likes

MaxSez: As Delta said, Not a priority. There is one new cockpit view which would be an exceptional training aid for the budding aviator, “Under the Hood” view! A Practical Inadvertant VMC/IMC, CatIII ILS skill builder.

(Unfamilure Terminology: Don’t ask, Google it)

3 Likes

Not a priority, but I like the idea, though

2 Likes

Really good idea. Doesn’t matter if it’s a priority or not, this looks like it would be easy to implement (but I’m not a dev so I could be wrong) and would lead to better customization.

2 Likes

That would be interesting for IFR training! No need for a hood then…

1 Like

I want high definition cockpit and live instruments. now we have 787 4k cockpit, but other aircraft’s cockpit still are kind of blur, and main instruments are still, if they are showing realtime flying state will feel more real.

1 Like

This would be absolutely great for one reason, and that is taxiing, especially at night. There should also be an option to center the camera in the left or right seat, eliminating the Co-Pilot view feature request.

2 Likes

I totally agree with you 👌🏻

Great idea!, it would be a sort of Ezdok type system.

1 Like

Can’t you just make it F/O view and Engineer (if there is one)

1 Like

OMG this is neeeeeeded!

This is a sort of free Cam, I like that! It will be perfect for timelapse, you got my vote!

2 Likes

New thoughts for the ezdok type cam for IF are very welcome 😉

Cool idea ! i support this
or atleast give us a right seat and a middle view of the cockpit ;)

1 Like

I was also thinking about a feature like this because on certain aircraft such as the cirrus, all the current airbus between the a318 and A321, and I thnik many others, I was looking for a better perspective from any position in the cockpit ( If in the futur, the FDS accept to add the Right seat caamera and the jumpseat in the middle) .

You have my vote and my support for this, I really want to have good references when performing on IF…

Could be absolutly great :) :D

1 Like

I also think only the option : Foward / Backyard
Up / Down
should be enough ( because If move on the sides, that will means there will not other cameras )
exept this one.

2 Likes

Would love to have it also the sound of it should be added!
Its a calm sound 😂😂

2 Likes

I would also think it would operate like the Freecam, but a very good idea indeed! 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

4 Likes