Cockpit overhaul

I’ve seen a load of requests asking for full reworks of aircraft. But here is a idea. In all of the Boeing and airbus aircraft. I did some looking though the other feature quests for the full reworks and I’ve seen that IF doesn’t need to remodel the whole aircraft body. I believe that is what takes then so long. So I think it would be better to just have a cockpit over haul. First starting with Boeing and airbus. Live cockpits are already 10x better. I’ve learn that people don’t fly planes with live cockpits as much. In fact I avoid it.

Problem is, then people will complain because it’s only a cockpit. I like the idea, but most people I think would prefer a full rework.

4 Likes

But you would have to wait about 5 years and I’m not joking abou 5 years for about 7 plane family reworks so I would rather have all cockpits reworked

I like the idea but wouldn’t it be good to for them to add new planes?

The A220 would be nice ;)

1 Like

If I recall correctly, while some newer cockpits, like the ones on DC10/MD11 were made with the possibility of live cockpit addition later on, on older aircraft a cockpit rework might require a full rework due to development nuances.

4 Likes

Of course, who wants to fly a 757 with live cockpit but no wingflex? Are we mad?

2 Likes

No ofc not. Adding new planes would come after about 3 more reworks

1 Like

That’s why is sias mostly Boeing and Airbus

I would assume A340, B757, B767, B717 and maybe others fall into the second category

2 Likes

Also a330 and a380

1 Like

This should then in all cases go with a physics rework. The 757 could have the most awesome cockpit but no one will fly it with those physics

2 Likes

Why the A220? Tho lol

2 Likes

Im flying it rn xd

1 Like

Yea lol maybe some Physics

1 Like

A380 yes, A330 got updated a bit 2 years ago

1 Like

so… this means reworking all the cockpits, but without live instruments? like how the devs fixed the c130 and dash 8 cockpits to match the 3d model?

1 Like

But still having a gigant paper cockpit

1 Like

No this means adding live Instruments

Yes I know. Quality over quantity.

1 Like

in that case i’d prefer a whole top-to-bottom rework, no way i’m flying a 757 with those physics, even with a live cockpit

1 Like