Cloudy Day but Shiny Pics @KORD

Welcome back to yet another spotting topic featuring yours (not so)truly. I won’t keep you long, so here we go!

First up is a special livery! It’s Etihad’s F1 livery, arriving from Abu Dhabi

Next up, a not so special plane. It’s B-18721, a China Airlines Cargo 747-400f departing to Anchorage

Next up on the chopping block is A7-ANH, a Qatar A350-1000, which arrived from Doha

After that, we have N510DN, a Delta A350-900 which arrived from Indianapolis. You’re probably wondering what a Delta A350 is doing in Chicago. Well, it was bringing the Indianapolis Colts up to Chicago to play the Bears (American football)

Right after the A350 landed, we got a Delta A330-200, N861NW, which was doing shuttling for a few different Major League Baseball teams. Either @Delta319 or @MDoor can explain which ones, because quite frankly, I don’t remember

Back to commercial service, it’s yet another Delta plane. This time, N387DN, an A321 on a flight from Atlanta

On to cargo, we have N854GT, an Atlas Air 747-8f operating for Qantas Freight inbound from Anchorage. Fun fact: after this plane landed, it had decided to use full thrust reversers. Let’s just say that I was deaf in my right ear for about 10 mins after it zooted past me.

Being civilized again, it’s G-ZBKC, a British Airways 787-9 coming in from London

A plane which I already spotted but will be featuring again is N29978, a United 787-9 operating a cargo flight from Frankfurt

Wrapping things up, it’s N415MC, an Atlas Air 747-400f, which also arrived from Anchorage

I hope you enjoyed these photos! Please leave any comments you have below; whether it’s criticism or compliments. Thanks!

45 Likes

Nicely done, Marcel! Love the Etihad F1 :)

4 Likes

Thank you, bobby

3 Likes

Gotta love when they throw my favorite sport on my favorite plane! Good catch!

3 Likes

I love ORD live 30 mins away. I live 5-10 mins from MDW

3 Likes

Looks like it was the Miami Marlins headed to Houston.

3 Likes

Yep. I checked the thread mike and I had. Marlins to Houston, then to Atlanta to play the braves

2 Likes

They’re playing the Braves in Houston. MLB Playoff Bubble.

3 Likes

Beautiful photos!

3 Likes

Never knew an F1 car could do Mach 0.85, nice pics ;)

2 Likes

Nice photos

2 Likes

I was there to I have pictures of almost all of these planes I was there for the A350.

2 Likes

Nice shots, Marcel! Really liked the Delta 359 and 333 ones; pretty unusual sight at O’Hare. And we definitely can’t forget about that incredible United new livery !! Great shots dude

2 Likes

Bears lost 😔
Great shots though. Always interesting to see Delta in Chicago

2 Likes