Cloud Layers

Have you considered starting out with clouds similar to how FSX and P3D work using 2D textures on planes that face the user to give the illusion of volumetric clouds?

So you mean like this right

I think there should be different types of clouds.

yep, that’s right
stratus, Towering cumbulus, cumbulonimbus, but the only one I never see in a sil is the Nimbo-stratus
the biggest cloud ever

This is exactly what I am waiting for. I think the main problem that may cause issues is performances with transparency things. But I am sure that if we are able to see fog it could be easy to make the same things for clouds.

When i used to fly in Google Earth simulator, I was taking pictures on internet and making some holes in the pictures with Preview on Mac to simulate broken clouds. Then i was adding pictures on image layer on goggle earth with the altitude, resulting to simulate a cloudy weather. I used to make a video with that, if I can, I could download it to YouTube then post link here to show you how it could made in IF if this kind of feature is implemented.

But never mind, I guess that FDS team is surely working on clouds… this just take time to adapt performances of running them in a mobile flight simulator.

Do you know Geoff’s flight simulators clouds are like there 2D. There’s also an option to render them. Maybe it could be like that

yea but sometimes we want diffrent clouds not just one. :)

I’ve had som good cloud/fog cover over the Rockies when it was snowing here in CO

Hopefully we get some more updated cloud covers someday, this is a pretty good feature request!

I’d love to see this, but read the entire thread and realized how long down the road it will be based on the current devices on the market.

Although, now I’m wondering what a version of IF would look like as a Microsoft app to be played on a Surface Pro? Wow, then I’d never go back to a tablet lol

Disclaimer:. I don’t know much about the “tweeners” of computers or how they stack up to a tablet or Chromebook and the laptop/computer.

Well well well 🤔

(@JT_Playz Insta)

Cloud layers may be coming in 2019 😮

Great feature request, Hopefully it will be added as soon as they’re able to😜

Alex you hit it on the head here. This is likely well over 50% of why they’ve not released it. Weather and advanced night lighting would likely cripple some devices. That aside-would love to see it.

After devs will add South America scenery without clouds images we can tell them that they forgot to add clouds lol

I agree with this idea. I fully support and I hope that it will be added.

here is what Aerofly did with clouds for iOS, it looks really good , looking forward when it comes to the IF

The game is not called AeroFly FS 2019, its called AeroFly FS2

Don’t confuse people please

Maybe if you did a litte research , you´d find out that they released a new version a few days ago.

My bad! Just downloaded it - its awesome!

Oh wow! Infinite Flight has some competition now. 👀

Beef up those muscles Infinite Flight, show em what we have got 😉 😆