Closing an airport due to an emergency

Not sure how the thread turned to ATC actions. I was pointing out that it could be abused by trolls.

Like everything it will come with an adjustment and learning period. Nobody knows what or how it will work until it is released so we are just speculating. Even if it is expert only we still have issues with people trying to cut in line. People will try to land at EGBB when there are plenty of other places to land for fuel in an emergency.

3 Likes

This confused me. NVM. Thanks for pointing that Out

If it’s an event in SoCal when global is out ATC should see that the person purposely brought little fuel and ghost them

1 Like

I’m sure that will all come out when they officially say how the fuel system will work.

1 Like

Emergencies, like many other states of flight, have priority over all other traffic but this doesn’t mean all operations come to a screeching halt.

Many times an aircraft will land on one of the airport’s many runways as regular operations continue. Also, an emergency miles away won’t affect the aircraft on final.

As for Infinite Flight, the same rules will apply. Give priority as they close in on the airport, at most giving others a quick hold, 360, or deviating vectors to build some space. We have put a lot of thought into the inner workings of a fuel-based emergency to ensure this will not be abused.

16 Likes

But lets be honest… No matter how much work goes into it… Someone will still find a way to abuse the system.

And that person will find themselves without access to the Expert Server. 😀

ATC will be able to see fuel remaining and an emergency is not even possible to declare unless the legitimate condition exists.

17 Likes

Forever or just ghosted?

1 Like

Sounds like a nice punishment to me for that person :)

1 Like

Great to hear! I think a genuine fuel emergency at a busy airport would be very interesting and realistic for all at the airport, but obviously if it was abused it wouldn’t be very fun.

3 Likes

@Balloonchaser : Red Rwy is due to down wind conditions. It has nothing to due with low Vis. Low Vis will be item 3+ noted on the METAR/TAF. The Wx reports will be color coded, what are the colors! Max

6 Likes

He means the METAR is red in low vis

2 Likes

Max, Max, Max… What would we do without you! Get away with wrong information…

:)

2 Likes

Or maybe if it’s an airport like KLAX or KONT they could only close one runway instead of the whole airport

Thanks for your views everyone! I really appreciate it and thanks to you too @Tyler_Shelton it’s really good to get advice from staff!

except the crash of the century airport setting only had 1 rwy and there was wreckage everywhere so technically.

Whoops should I delete that part of the post?

Watch Mark’s tutorials. They will definitely enhance your knowledge base and IF experiences.

2 Likes

You asked about METAR.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.