Closed Vintage Reece; WACO UPF-7, WACO A/C Corp. WINNER: @Freddiefrogs, Hard one, Well Done!

Max Sez. Rebuilt one of these when I was a kid. Complete answers only!
IF needs a Bi-Plane for the purist and aviators among us!

3 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

1 Like

LOL! NO! Max

1 Like

Saw it at an air show, I forgot the name of the plane though.

1 Like

It’s a WACO UPF7.

1 Like

Stearman Biplane?

Am I correct?! I saw it when I searched for the beauty.

1 Like

@Freddiefrogs… Max Sez. Way to go Fred. That was a great catch. WACO, an obscure little Midwest company that had a great track record & designers.
Flew in the one I helped rebuild as a kid, I’ll never forget the humming wire song as you plodded along at 65k. Pulled our WACO out of an old barn covered in chicken crap with big holes in its canvas! Towed it home (Wings removed and strapped to the roof) of an old Packard sedan. Those were the days.

2 Likes

I’d never heard of it. I just searched biplane NC (NC is tail name) and scrolled until I found the Carolina belle.

1 Like

@MishaCamp… “Stearman”… The Kadet model was used by the mil in the 30’s for basic Flt trng. A legendary plane, lots still around, see them at most major air shows.

Old Red Aircraft? Am i right

No! Try again tomorrow. Max

@benny1263… When the mood strikes! Appears popular, we’ll see how it goes. Thanks for asking. Regards, Max

1 Like

@benny1263… Damm the secret is out. Gotta fix that.

Lol, just look up “reverse image search” on Google ;)

And I thought I was dealing with honorable folk. I’m devastated. What has happened to us’

I’m not saying I have, I’m saying it’s easy to do, and some could be doing it.

1 Like