[Closed] TS1 ATC @ KSNA

ATC open at KSNA - Orange County Airport, TS1 in the SoCal region, feel free to come along!

(Having a little connection issues, so if it drops out then don’t worry .)

1 Like

Speedbird 105, Speedbird 180, and Speedbird 215 all coming :)

1 Like

Change those to BAVA Flight of 3

1 Like

You did terrible. Unable pattern work with 0 aircraft around using only 1 runway. On guarding me when your connection drops and switches me to ground. Immediate takeoff with no traffic within 10 miles. All that and I didn’t even get off the ground.

2 Likes

Kung. Pow!

Sorry, I was multitasking and ATCing at the same time😐

I would suggest not publicly posting and encouraging others to come join, especially when a lot (such as @Brandon_Sandstrom who I believe is a recruiter) will purposely give up his own time to come and evaluate you if you are going to be preoccupied and multitasking.

2 Likes

Here are some screenshots:

My lit low pass.

2 Likes

You were taking screenshots while controlling?? Savage lol. I wouldn’t condone that though.

2 Likes

Hey be nice you go open up ATC on TS1. Please PM if you have a issue. Remember teaching is better than shaming.

1 Like

I’m sorry you where offended by my honest criticism.

2 Likes

You can only do one thing at a time. ATC, or whatever else you were working on.

1 Like

What you have to understand is that we have no room for slacking in the IFATC team. Brandon can tell you the stress and workload of the kind of traffic we have to handle at peak times, which is literally dozens more planes magnified from the few who showed up during this tower session. I’ve seen upwards to 30-40 planes on my radar frequency alone when traffic spikes during updates.

Tough love, buddy. We can bring out the real world controllers who will tell you about trainees being forced to wash windows and stuff. This is… literally nothing compared to what you’re subject to in the real world. This guy can either cut out the “multitasking” and focus on the traffic around his airport or completely ignore everything, in which case he would fail the test. Brandon’s doing him a favor.

2 Likes

I’m not offended but be nice maybe tell him what he did wrong and use this teaching moment.

Yeah it’s TS1 get over it he didn’t ask you to grade him or anything.

1 Like

Yeah…not possible

3 Likes

What do you mean? Of course it’s possible

Possible to effectively control a busy airfield while doing something else, no, it isn’t.

Of course it’s physically possible, but far from prudent.

1 Like

Oh, that makes sense.