[CLOSED] (TS1) Active ATC at PHNL

Now controlling Honolulu International on the training server. Please leave feedback on my skills.

2 Likes

Hey Brent! I may or may have or may have not crashed into the water at the end there but…😏
You did fairly well but I did pick out a few things…

1. When you told me to make right traffic, I came way to close to the departing 717. If you wanted me to land on 08R, you should’ve told me to make left traffic and then sequence me accordingly.
  2. Instead of telling me to “turn base” in front of the C-130, I should’ve been “cleared for the option, number 1.” This takes a lot of stress of of you as you make it the pilots job to turn final and not yours.

Overall you did fairly well. Most importantly you need to trust the pilots and have better awareness of your airspace. I suggest you watch Tyler’s ATC videos on YouTube to improve your skills even further. Good Luck!

3 Likes

I should have told you to make left traffic after taking off 08L while the 717 departed straight out of Runway 08R. Then cleared you for the option for runway 08R. I’m learning from my mistakes and listening to your reviews.

2 Likes

I can open approach for you! I am working on radar skills; I’ve been pretty unsuccessful lately lol

1 Like

I’m sorry but I had to get off unexpectedly. I will contact you next time I open back up, if you’d like.

1 Like

Sure, I’m not always available though.

1 Like