(Closed) Training Server ATC Session @ KORD - 080400ZAPR17

Server: Training Server

Region: KORD

Time: 0400Z (12am for East Coast, 9 pm for West Coast)

Information: Hey guys, recently I just finished controlling KLGA on TS1 with an overwhelming success. Thanks to the hard work and dedication of my new best friend approach controller @Kevin, I will be opening up again with him as my approach and departure controller. We decided, talking in a PM, to see if you’d like us to control a specific region.
We will be open sometime tomorrow. You can specify in the comments below what times you’d be available. Thanks in advance guys!

UPDATED INFORMATION FOR TONIGHT:

Airport: O’Hare International (KORD)
Tower and Ground controller: @Infinite.flight
Approach and Departure controller: @Kevin
Center controller: @Cpt_Chris

The reason we are giving you that information is so you know who to complain about if the controller does something you don’t like. This also helps you know that the controllers are forum members who can be reached. I’ve tagged us all so you know how and where to find us. If you have any feedback and or questions after a session please private message or comment below.

Departure Runway: Runway 10L will be used for departures

Arrival Runway: Runway 10C will be used for arrivals

Pattern Work Runway: Runways 09R and 09L will be used. Runway 09R will be used before 09L with 09L only being used if the pattern gets to congested. If you come for pattern work expect 10L for departure and a runway change to 09R upon takeoff, unless you are closer to 09R. This is to keep the departures to one runway and limit ground work.

Emergency Runway: Runway 10R will be used if I have to many aircraft coming inbound and to many idiot pilots trying to takeoff from 10L without permission. Expect runway changes upon ILC cone interception to 10C diverted to 10R if congestion has gotten bad at 10C.

All the above information on runway uses can be changed if in 3 hours runway changes are updated. I doubt they will be but it doesn’t hurt to be prepared. I will update the runways if needed 15 minutes prior to the beginning of this event.

Please be aware in the event a noob pilot decides to take matters into his own hands, there may be some restructuring of the pattern work and arrivals. If such an event occurs please be ready and alert to follow any instructions given from Tower and Ground.

• Amsterdam
  • Caribbean
  • Charlotte, NC
  • Chicago, IL
  • Denver, CO
  • London
  • New York
  • Oshkosh
  • San Fran
  • Seattle, WA
  • Singapore
  • South Florida
  • Sydney Australia

0 voters

3 Likes

I’d say 22:00 zulu is a good time ! I live in HK

I’ll look into that time. Is 2130Z a more appropriate or can that work out? 2300Z is when I have to cut off for supper.

Yeah 21:30 is still fine ! Just have to wake up earlier

1 Like

Also be aware guys that if it’s a paid Region other than NY we may not be able to do it because Kevin does not have any paid Regions except for NY. So keep that in mind while voting (it owns let me edit the pole anymore).

1 Like

My apologies everyone…I’ll try to get some tomorrow!!

1 Like

And we will be opening KORD at 0400Z. If this does not work for you time wise please let us now down below and I’ll adjust it if possible. Have a great night guys.

1 Like

I havent wake up at 21:30Z. It’s 4:30am in here 😂

04.00Z would be a better option

1 Like

Does 0400zZ sound better mate ;)

1 Like

#I will be posting open runways and active NOTAMS upon opening.

@DeerCrusher @Kevin @Mike @SingaporeAirlines @Neeson52

2 Likes

Yes it is way better. 11am in my local time 😊

Good News is, I’m going to start my school break on wednesday so I would come 😉

1 Like

Well then I welcome you to Chicago O’Hare at 11am your time bud. Click that tower icon and you’ll see “IFC InfinFlight”. Make sure you wish him good luck ;) he’ll need it.

1 Like

Haha!!! That’s what makes it interesting!

1 Like

Looks like 0400Z is the time of choice. See you then!

1 Like

Will do. I look forward to the feedback. And yes guys, I realize I’m a noobie controller trying out on a Bravo airfield with 8 or so runways. I have fallback plans lol.
For starters:
A) I have an approach controller I trust to vector to the designated arrival runways
B) I will be opening one runway for arrival and one for departures and one for pattern work, that way I can consistently keep traffic open and moving with It causing unneeded delays. If any of y’all have questions simply ask.

1 Like

Just PM me tomorrow which runways are which incase any pattern aircraft end up on my freq.

2 Likes

Yep 0400 zulu is fine. It’s 11:00am

2 Likes

Roger that I’ll see y’all and bump this topic up at 00345Z

1 Like

Please read the updated information. If you are able to join us tonight, my fellow controllers and I wish to give you all the information you will need. Please read carefully yhecmain thread keeping in mind the runways are open for changing if the system updates.
A final update on runway usage will be given in a NOTAM at 0345Z or in roughly 2 hours and 45 minutes.
@DeerCrusher @Neeson52 @Mike @Mix56awesome @CaptJackson @SingaporeAirlines

5 Likes

We’ll be opening up in 40 minutes!

3 Likes