[CLOSED] Tower & Ground @ EDDL on TS1

Hello everyone

I opened tower and ground another time. This is an ATC practice session in order to do the IFATC practical test. Let’s do some patterns at Dusseldorf on TS1. Feedback is highly appreciated!

runways in use: 23L/R
wind: 030@3KT

I’ll come. Please stay for a while

1 Like

I’ll come and do some patterns :)

1 Like

I’m coming too! In an A321.

1 Like

Sorry for leaving - had to go. What I had was perfect.
Sorry for taxiing on a non taxiway - I spawned in a weird place and couldn’t see a clear way to a main taxiway.
I can imagine you will do well in IFATC.

Feedback

• Late “Give Way” for me, when you sent the command, it was obvious i had to give way to adrien
  • Continue Taxi after Give Way should not be used. Continue Taxi should be used after Hold Position
  • When Sequencing/Clearing for a runway, ** DO NOT ** count the aircraft on other runways
  • When changing one’s runway, please give a pattern entry to the new runway.
  • Do not forget to give direction after option (esp for parallel runways)
  • Do not use Conflicting Pattern directions (Right Traffic for a Left runway and viceversa)
3 Likes

Thanks for your participation and feedback. I hope I will :)

1 Like

Thanks for your feedback.
Well, there were lots of things going wrong especially with you, sorry for that. The sequencing was a typing mistake leading you to the other runway I originally intended to and the conflicting pattern directions were a plan that didn’t quite work out as I wanted (to send planes directly into the right pattern for 23R to keep 23L free for a load of departures)

Hi there. :)
@dush19 pretty much already told you everything. I’ll just go further on one specific point.

In the picture below, I’m flying on left downwind for runway 23R as instructed. There was another aircraft flying to land on RWY23L and we had a conflicting area (as marked with a red circle). You could have told me to enter right downwind for RWY23R (especially since the runway was free at this specific moment) and it could have been a safer runway change.

Otherwise, you did really well. I was really impressed of your progress since the last time I have seen you controlling. I especially liked the way you immediately changed all airborne aircrafts to RWY23R as you saw a long takeoff line at RWY23L.
I’m sure you could join the IFATC team without any problem very soon. Good luck! :)

1 Like

@Adrien Thanks for your feedback :)
Well, I think the idea of the runway change was good but badly executed as I’ve sent planes on the right downwind after taking off from 23L. I think next time I’ll send them all on the left downwind first and then instruct the runway change, I think this would have been easier and less confusing.
I hope to join very soon, it would be great to be able to control on expert because I really like it :)

1 Like

I’ve opened ATC again to practice. Hope to see some of you guys doing some patterns.

runways in use: 23L/R
wind: 030@3KT

1 Like

Which runway are we using for arrivals/departures? I am on approach and departure.

1 Like

Thanks for opening! I’ll keep those planes who remain in the pattern on my frequency to practice sequencing.

1 Like

On my way I’ll be in delta embraer 170 “Delta 15 67”

1 Like

hmmm you should have passed the planes to approach. Otherwise the aircraft will be colliding each other.

Normally I would have but I’ve kept the planes in the pattern on my frequency to practice sequencing.
@AW-HL7428 Thanks :)

fair enough :) have a good practice

MY FEEDBACK!! So you need to either sequence me number or if no one is around clear me for the option number 1 right as I’m airborne so I know who I’m following or where I’m going and I think it was on the last T&G you told me Number 1 cleared for the option and a AC-130 was on final I should’ve been sequenced number 2 traffic to follow is on final!!! other than that I had a fun time You did a pretty good job handling those pilots who wouldn’t listen HaHa👍🏻

1 Like

I was actually on approach but they just skipped my instructions… (including C130)

1 Like

Thanks for your feedback. The C130 during your last touch & go didn’t contact me although I’ve sent 3 on guard warnings :/

1 Like