[CLOSED] TNCM tower ts1

Im going to fix some stuff now with pictures explaining later for feedback…

A. You cleared me #1 for touch and go but theres a aircrafy on final. So I should have been told “#2 cleared for the option; traffic to follow is on final” (or how ever it lets you say this…)

B. Im doing touch and goes and I was cleared for the option. You keep telling me to exit the runway… When im done and ready for actual landing I will announce “Full Stop”

So work on sequencing and Touch and Go / In the pattern aircraft for now.

You doing good though. I wil stick around for a little while longer! :)

One more thing… Anything bigger then a CCX or a C208 should make right traffic over the mountain.

1 Like

Here’s my feedback:

Close up shop. Watch the tutorials. Twice.

You cleared a plane no where near anywhere number one…while you had two planes on final also cleared number one.

You had people line up and wait before the plane on front of them was even across the hold short line, much less having started a takeoff roll.

You cleared people for takeoff before the landing planes had cleared the runway.

You have no clue when it comes to sequencing. I have pictures, but honestly, they would just be too rediculous to post.

Most prescient to me:

You had sequenced me number 2.

When some knucklehead comes in at 10000 feet and 400 knots and passes me on final, he doesn’t become number 2. He goes the hell around.

(BTW, if you are that knucklehead and you happen to read this…I pray you never manage grade 3.)

5 Likes

Im going to come in for a full stop then im going to open up at TAPA to relieve you guys at TNCM and TKPK

Ok thank you, I will be sure to do alll of that.

I came in a KLM 744 as AUSSIEC. What did you think of my flying?

If i were you, I wouldnt try to “learn” any skills at this airport. This is a “practice dialing in” your skills airport. Especially on TS1, its a circus. Go to a different airport where there is no back taxi, if you havent already mastered sequencing, TNCM is a real challenge.

1 Like

Thank you for everyone that came! I got some great advice from everyone and will be sure to use it next time. Again, even though it got pretty hectic I hope everyone had fun!

Ok, thank you. Do you have any airport ideas?

I am now taking over TNCM controlling from @Kevin_Potthast

Please come back and join, TS1 and feel free to rate me

Edit: don’t come as some guy who is not on the community just stole it from me 😡😒

1 Like

KBFI in Seattle (Boeing Field (Only use the bigger runway)

TKPK in the Caribbean

KSAN In SoCal - 1 runwayed busy airport (You need to work on sequencing)

Ok cool, Ill just leave it on [OPEN]

Ok, I’ll prob use TKPK in the future, I don’t go in SoCal not to mention ‘controlling’

Not that I’m that great anyway

1 Like

Just find a region with less crowded people for awhile and pick a single runway airport, people will see ATC there and they will come. Familiarize yourself with all of the commands and watch the tutorials. I’m still learning myself but starting small is best and just watch the tutorials over and over. And definitely open up practice seissions for feedback. There are so many little details that you’ll learn from everyone else.

Ok cool, next time I will try to work with somone in BAVA as ground and another at tower.

Here’s the feedback from me:
Callsign: ExecJet 6 7 8
Aircraft: Cessna C208

I will start that I highly suggest that you watch all of those tutorials as they are made by real ATCs and by Experienced people in the IFC (Know What They Are Talking About.)

Alright so,

Here you told me that I was cleared for touch and go… But I was then told (each time) to exit runway when able.
image Here are 3 aircraft on final… It’s you job as ATC to safely bring them in one at a time.
Here you are seeing that you cleared me for #1 but there is a aircraft on final… So I should have been #2

You also cleared aircrafts to take off while other aircrafts are either on very close final or still on the runway. Remember, delays can be fixed… Lives cannot. That’s you job as an ATC… To get people safely to and from your airport of service.

My ATC Rating: 4/10
(Not an official Rating)

Good Job though and keep practicing. The more feedback that you get, the better!

1 Like

Ok thank you very much for your detailed report. I will try to work with a buddy in BAVA to have one person at ground and one at tower so we can reduce some pressure, also a 2 parallel runways I heard was good, one for departures one for approaches. Thanks again for coming out and giving me a serious review.

The one in the second picture is the joker [stronger words in my head] passing me at 240 knots.

3 Likes

I recommend PHOG, KSSC, KFLL as some. Start though with single runways, like KRSW, PHKO, and go on expert and just fly some patterns listening to the frequency. Focus on correct sequencing and clearing, then work on the others (still necessary!) such as exit runway command. Try 2 or 3 planes in the pattern, another couple on the ground, and try to manage the sequencing properly. The video tutorials are useful, but so is @JoshFly8s fantastic tutorial on sequencing.

While pattern work will always be on one side, arrivals on an east-west runway with the pattern going north with the arrival from the south means sequencing will happen on both sides of the runway, so learn to be good at judging and using speed commands or pattern instructions to maintain adequate separation.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.