[Closed] The Last Dash: Piedmont's Final Dash-8 Flight @ KCLT - 041700ZJUL18

Image Credits to Piedmont Airlines on Instagram

Piedmont’s Final Bombardier Dash-8 Q400 Flight

Background Details: Piedmont Airlines, a wholly-owned subsidiary of American Airlines based in Salisbury, MD, has been slowly phasing out their fleet of Bombardier Dash-8’s for the past few years. These aircraft have been largely replaced by E145 jets. Piedmont Airlines will be completing their last scheduled commercial route with the aircraft on July 4th, 2018. The route will have service from KCLT to KSBY.

Event Summary: Please join me and others who are passionate about this aircraft for a flight from KCLT to KSBY (my home airport!!) to commemorate the final Piedmont Airlines Dash-8 flight.

Event Details:

Server: Expert

Time & Date: July 4, 2018 5:00 PM

Scheduled Time Enroute: 1 hour, 30 minutes

Route: KCLT-KSBY

Aircraft: Bombardier Dash-8 Q400, livery of your choice. (Since we do not currently have the Dash-8 300 in IF)

Flight Plan:
KCLT GLASI MARJO BUTKE JUDOB EMMAH OCHOC STINT IPAYA JIMAR WIGUQ JURON GWYNN DOVAY DOYSU FRYER COLBE RO266 KSBY

NOTAMS:

• Please demonstrate proper airmanship throughout the course of this event
  • Please maintain proper spacing; 10nm during cruise and 5nm during approach
  • Please follow all ATC instructions if any, if not please use UNICOM correctly and responsibly

Gate Assignments:

To request a gate, please comment with the callsign and gate you desire.
More gates can be added if necessary.

Gates

E12 - @rileymoyer
E14 - @VAnuj
E16 - @Adam_Macaulay
E12A - @Orry_Halsall
E14A -
E16A -

Thanks all, and I hope to see you at this event to send the Dash off well. Cheers!

3 Likes

They’re definitely not gone! Still fly them all the time & they seem to be going strong at the moment :)

1 Like

I’ll take E14! These are for extra characters

2 Likes

E14 is yours. See you there!

1 Like

I’ll take E16 if I may.

You’re down for E16!

1 Like

Could I take Gate E12A?

I’ll still fly at 1PM if others are interested.

1 Like

Can I please have E12A

I have loaded and set the Flight Plan. I updated the FPL to coincide with METAR at Salisbury. Please feel free to copy my FPL from my plane parked at E16.

Take off today is recommended to be from 18L - Altitude FL310 - Speed 220Kts (.6 Mach) . !.5 Hours fuel max needed. Begin -1200 FPM at WIGUQ with Arrival via runway 05. Make for short landing and you can alleviate having to cross a runway on the way to parking. Parking at the corner - there are spots for 2 plates per parking rectangle.

Glad you can join us, It is my pleasure.

Closed

Thanks for an awesome flight guys!