[Closed] The Big IF Community Flight @ KMIA - 261800ZMAR16

Server: Advanced

Region: South Florida

Airport: KMIA (Miami International)

Date: Saturday 26th March 2016

Time: 1800Z

NOTAM: Welcome to the Big IF Community Flight event! This flight is to celebrate our amazing and expanding forum! All new and regular users are welcome to come along for one big flight together where forum users can fly alongside each other. Please take some time to read the information below and stick to the flight plans so we can make this as organised as possible. Take lots of photos on your way and most importantly… Enjoy!

Aircraft Information
Use any one of the aircrafts with the FDS or IF Livery:

• Airbus A318
  • Boeing 737-700 BBJ
  • Boeing 747-8
  • Boeing 777-200ER
  • Bombardier Dash 8-Q400
  • Cessna Citation X

Route Information
Flight plan: KMIA - VOR TRV - VOR LAL - KTPA
Cruise Altitude: FL180 up to FL360
Cruise Airspeed: 380kts IAS (Do not exceed this)

There is an optional return journey for those who wish to extend their flight:
Flight plan: KTPA - VOR SRQ - VOR CYY - KMIA
Cruise Altitude: FL180 up to FL360
Cruise Airspeed: 380kts IAS (Do not exceed this)

No fixes have been used in the flight plans so they are pretty straightforward. Only VOR’s (Blue circles on the IF map) have been used, just click the ‘+’ button on each one listed to add them to your flight plan on the in-game map. Do not make direct flights across from KMIA to KTPA. The flight plan takes us closer to the edges of the map to give us a longer & more enjoyable route and to give ATC plenty of space to vector us.

Full ATC services will be in place on the Advanced server for a realistic flight. Use your forum name as your display name so that other pilots can recognise you. I have tried to do this on a weekend and at a peak time so that as many users as possible can participate, but unfortunately it will always be at a bad time for some people. Take plenty of screenshots and enjoy the flight to celebrate our amazing community! Many thanks to all of the regulars who contributed to making this event :)

24 Likes

I’ll be there!! :)

1 Like

Sadly I’m Grade 2, I would have loved to attend to the event.

1 Like

Well you have over 1 week to try and get up to grade 3! Hopefully you’ll make it

1 Like

I’ll do my best.

1 Like

261800ZMAR16, does that mean the event is on March 26 of 2016 at 18:00 Zulu (3:00PM Argentina) time?

1 Like

Adding to my calendar. N1DJ will be there in the Q400!

2 Likes

A 4am flight xD hopefully I’ll make it.

1 Like

11:30pm here, expect ATC.

1 Like

Yep, Saturday 26th March 2016 at 18:00 Zulu.
Guys please note that daylight savings is in place for some countries before this event so your Zulu conversions may change if your clocks go forward an hour

1 Like

20h00 it’s a Saturday night date for me, I’ll be there

1 Like

Hopefully I can be there, I probably will be in a 737BBJ or Dash. My display is Harrison Kane

1 Like

Im already on the airport but no one is there??

It’s not today… it’s next Saturday

1 Like

Ohh thank you

1 Like

It’s 02:00 Zulu flight for me. I will try to make it. I will definitely try to make it!

That’s 7pm for me, it’s Spring Break and Saturday. Perfect. Still deciding between the Dash 8 and the A318…

2 Likes

Yeah this time and date seems to suit a lot of the community which is good!

Only 4 days until the big event everyone! Lets try and get as much of the community to attend as possible to celebrate our great forum! Below I’ve shown the parking stands at KTPA to use for those who would like to have a group photo at the end of our first journey. This would be nice to get a snap of some community members together!

3 Likes

I might be able to attend, once I get a Google play card in time.

Other than that, have fun to everybody who attends the event!

Just realized I don’t have South Florida… :(