[Closed] Tanker Support @ KNUQ - 261500ZSEP15

@Rotate… Since the KC-767 was cancelled and Airforce apparently likes Pegasus (KC-46) Better the KC-767 which never saw service in the states so I think it’s a no go unless you can convince me otherwise. The KC-46 the Airforce contracted replacement KC is having growing pains. The delivery was scheduled for 2016/17. There is development problems now it seems so the delivery date may slide plus there over budget already. The 46 is also a modified B-767 our commercial version has winglets there’s is clean in the version Boeing announced. I went with the 17 not really a KC last event and it worked out. I’ll change to our 767 with a generic coat if your convince it’s more appropriate. (Some day they may add the KC-130J which I know best for this type application. It has served the Marine Corps refueling need for years starting in RVN, fond memories would make that my go to bird for my daily sorties & tanking events.). Regards, Max Sends

IT TAKES SKILL, ANY BODY CAN FLY A TRASH HAULER!! Mad Max Sends

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

1 Like

You click the < > option (Next to the upload button) on your computer

1 Like

“Nothing Kicks Ass Without Tanker Gas”

2 Likes

please follow the event guidelines -> About the Features category

1 Like

@dush19… Your “suggestion” noted. Will take it under advisement. Max

I cant understand…

Thank you Budda/Dush… I really don’t mind changes to my posts. I take no pride of authorship. Grammer/Form Etc are not my fortay. It’s the thought that counts.
Grammer/Spelling/ Form Nazi’s have at it. "M"ad Max Sends

1 Like

1 Like

Back on topic… Max, for those who are not familiar with formations, is this a basic representation of the procedures? Enter far left, eyes right, slide in after the plane in front of you breaks away?

2 Likes

1 Like

Look good to me and thanks for the great depiction. In from the fuelers left (Tanker Pilot Side) 200’X200’ stable… Pump, Brake Right. ( Co-Pilot Clears)… Used 5 mile arrival stack since our folk do not normally fly in fighting pair/sections and practice formation flight & unit brakes, a safety of flight consideration. j My experience with hose & droge doubles. Have rode an Airforce fuel sortie with probe. With drouges Pair astern arrival technique. See you 12 O’clock high… Max Sends

1 Like

Anyone want to intercept the tanker as a flight? I’ll be parked at KNUQ’s end of runway area with a flight plan you can copy. Taking off at about 10-15 past the hour…

I flew in the last tanker event. In my opinion, it is one of the best events in IF! See you out there.

2 Likes

Just saw you haha I was in the A-10 I have organised an American Airlines tribute event at KSFO 18:00Z if you want to join you can fly any AA aircraft you like

2 Likes

Thanks max that was great my ipad started really lagging on my second approach so I had to get off didn’t want to cause a mid air collision :)

2 Likes

I was having the same lagging issue Brandon, planes skipping and/or disappearing. Nevertheless it was still a lot of fun.

Had a cool takeoff and climb out with Josh. He was right with me from rollout all the way to intercept (the pic doesn’t do it justice)

My apologies for a poor intercept Max and Josh. I lost situational awareness, and didn’t notice that we were merging at a turning waypoint until it was too late.

1 Like

@Down4Double nice shot of me coming up on Max. I’m stealing that ;) and yes the lag was terrible. Almost as annoying as approach and departure contacting me on the ground at Half moon bay.

1 Like

I had lagging issues as well that’s why I couldn’t carry on because it was getting that bad I couldn’t even control the aircraft

1 Like