This event thread and graphics created and organized by Southwest Virtual Event Director @LouiePeach
Event Description: Week 1
- Join us as we take off from Dallas Love Field bound for luscious Los Angeles, home to the worlds film and television industry.
- Southwest Virtual would like to invite you to experience Race to the Capital, our signature event series dedicated to traversing the most iconic destinations, spectacular airports, and challenging approaches across the USA, Mexico and The Caribbean. Be part of the journey every other week as we pick up where we last left off.
Dallas Love Field/KDAL to Los Angeles/KLAX
Server: Expert Server [EX]
Region: North America
Start Information: 12/08/2018 @ 18:00[z]
End Information: 12/08/2018 @ 21:30[z]
Flight Time: 3h00m
Air Frame: 737-700 [Any Southwest livery]
Distance: 1246 [NM]
Block Fuel: 13883 [KG]
Departure Runway: 31L
Arrival Runway: 25R
Cruise Altitude: FL390 @ M0.82
2000 ft. /min @ 250 kts until FL110
2000 ft. /min @ 300 kts until FL280
1000 ft. /min @ M 0.84 until FL330
Begin Descent 160NM from Destination
-1800ft. /min @ M .80 until FL180
-1800ft. / min @ 310kts until FL110
-1800ft. / min @ 230 kts until FL040
KDAL 3242N/9702W 3240N/9715W 3247N/9744W 3254N/9814W 3257N/9829W 3312N/9936W 3331N/10103W CNX MAXXO DRYHT 3425N/10909W CHEAR PAYSO NABOB GABBL CHPLN NWMAN MDLER MNROE 3408N/11602W HLYWD BRUEN AVATR DAAAY WADUP NEILE SEAVU KLAX
- Airspace at both the departing and arriving airports may become very busy due to the high volume of traffic; however we do ask that you follow ATC instructions at all times, failure to do so could result in consequences.
- Only pushback once instructed to do so.
- Ensure a safe distance between aircraft is kept on pushback, when taxiing, departing, at cruise and on descent.
Gate 01: @CaptJackson
Gate 02: @baseball_inferno
Gate 04: @Playr_Mar
Gate 06: @Plane-Train-TV (*)
Gate 08: @Starz_Flyz
(*) Indicates SWV Slack Sign-Up
About Southwest Virtual
Southwest Virtual is a new take on the original VA structure. We have two main divisions, one for pilots and passengers. We allow members of the community to book and “fly” with us while still providing an unparalleled experience to our pilots. With over 1,200 routes, and advanced and modern fleet, new crew center, active Slack channel, daily group flights, weekly events, and much more, SWV is the perfect place for a seasoned VA-veteran or first time VA pilot. Whether it be in the cockpit or the cabin, come join us and see what Southwest Virtual is all about!
Southwest Virtual Event Etiquette