[Closed] SoCal High Flying + Landing Competition @ KLAX - 171300ZSEP16

I am coming

We may fly at FL220

Ok at the gate now Sorry for being late

1 Like

Are we still being judged on our landings? I just don’t see anyone at KSAN that could do so.

Unfortunately no

1 Like

TFS say hi 👋🏽 from the skies :)

2 Likes

You should’ve said something, I was willing to take on the judging role. :)

Im going quicker than you said to try and catch you up I’m 18nm away from the guy at the back. and i won’t get closer than 5nm

We need to space out. Go on a downwind leg if you need to.

I have loads of pics but these are the best

Thanks a lot for participating, despite the fact that things didn’t go 100% as planned. Looking forward to your screenshots.

3 Likes

Thanks for this it was fun

2 Likes

You’re now the number one option for judging a future event’s landings.

1 Like

@CptNathanHope Good landing location, although there was very little flare (caused mostly by the lack of 738’s ground effect)

@LachyRobertson Flared too early, causing you landed way beyond the aim spot. On the other hand, I appreciate that you made a 360 for spacing behind me while descending.

2 Likes

Yeah, I noticed that. I was trying to flare, but it was too late to make a good one. Thanks for the compliment. ;)

1 Like

A few observations:

• Landing lights should be off by the time you reach the gate.

• Spacing on take off is absolutly essential. We all noticed that many of you had to do a 360.

• Overtaking in flight isn’t that good idea.

• While following a SID, be aware of the recommended altitudes. For instance, you should be at or below 9,000 feet by the time you reach this point (The line is above the flight level).

• Comply with the climb speeds.

Thank you! Really enjoyed the event mate.

1 Like

I did this. I noticed many others didn’t.

Maybe I should make a SIDS/STARS tutorial…;) If no one else has made one.

1 Like

How did you all decent during the approach to KSAN ?