[Closed] SoCal High Flying + Landing Competition @ KLAX - 171300ZSEP16

Join us this time for a 300nm flight across Southern California. You are welcome to showcase your very best airmanship abilities and skills on landing, as two judges will score your touchdown at KSAN.

Server: Expert

Region: Southern California

Airport: KLAX, KSAN

Aircraft: A320 Family (Any U.S carrier livery)

Date: Saturday, September 17th 2016

Time: 1300Z , 9 a.m EDT, 1 p.m GMT

NOTAM: It is imperative that you strictly follow all IF Live’s rules. Comply with recommended speed and altitude profiles. Do not exceed 550 kts ground speed below 40.000 ft. Make sure to go over the following parameters before joining the event. For guaranteeing a steady flow on approach in San Diego, spacing on takeoff is essential.

Departure gates ( KLAX Terminal 2)

22A: Lin Yifan
22B: @AdamCallow
24: @The_Greatest_Basket
26: @Sven_Kraats
28: Garuda Indonesia
27: @AsianaIFVA
25: @RSFLY
23: @trantram001
21B: CptNathanHope
21A: @LachyRobertson

If you are a regular member, feel free to add your name in your desired slot.

Flight Plan:

KLAX (Rwy 24L) -. DLREY - ENNEY - NAANC - GHART - AJAYE - SILEX - TWINE - CASTA - LHS - VCV - PSP - TRM - SALTN - JLI - LYNDI - VYDDA - OKAIN - CIJHI - REEBO - KSAN (Rwy 27)

Cruise Altitude: FL 310 @ Mach 0.78

Climb profile:

Selected SID : CASTA SIX DEPARTURE (RNAV)

Follow the highlighted path, complying with the max altitudes at each nav point.

LOC RWY 27 - SAN DIEGO INTL:

Landing Judges:

For this event, two judges will be required. It is important that they take into account the following parameters in order to grade each participant’s landing:

• Stability of the final approach : Steep banking or sudden pitch changes shall decrease the score.

• Flare quality: A five degree flare is desired.

• Touchdown smoothness and position : Touchdown on the landing aiming point and on the center line.

• Landing speed and procedures: The final approach speed should be between 130-140 kts. Correct use of spoilers, aircraft lights and thrust reversers.

NO AUTOLAND

Important! An individual score will be assigned for each of the aforementioned components in a scale of 0 to 10 points. The final score is the result of adding up each component score.

Both judges will spawn at KSAN 30 minutes after the event’s starting time and will position themselves like this:

Judge 1:

Using the drone / free cam, aim at Rwy 27 threshold.

Judge 2:

Set tower view

Those interested in becoming part of the judge team, message me please.

Don’t forget to capture and share your screenshots of the event. If you have further questions, don’t hesitate to contact me.

Happy flying and keep the blue side up!

6 Likes

Well planned event as always!
I wish I would be able to join, I’m at my cottage on the weekend. :(

1 Like

I shall be coming this looks great

1 Like

looks great flight.

1 Like

Just realized that I use 124 knots as my approach speed for the A318, apparently that’s too slow.

Reserve a gate for me, I might be able to come.

Hope you can make it

1 Like

You might want to take a new pic on that flightplan, the VOR’s are invisibile on that pic you have there.

I will be coming! Well organised!

1 Like

I might be able to come

Can’t join :(

If this was in the calmer TS2, I could attend

Departure gates ( KLAX Terminal 2)

22A: Lin Yifan
22B: @AdamCallow
24: @The_Greatest_Basket
26: @Sven_Kraats
28: Garuda Indonesia (Indonesia 88)
27:
25:
23:
21B: CptNathanHope
21A:

Less than 12 hrs for the event. Hope to see you all tomorrow!

@Lin_Yifan when do we start to desend and at what rate?

1 Like

How can I take part?
What do I have to do?

Now that you mention that, I should have specified that on the main thread. Start the descent around 90nm away from KSAN at no less than - 2,000 ft /m. Do not exceed 290 KIAS till 10,000 ft.

If you can access the expert server, you’re welcome to take part. Just choose an available gate and let me know.

I’ll join :) 21A

Reserve 27 for me. I may come

I might come, it looks nice!

@Lin_Yifan I may be late by like 15 mins but I will try to catch you guys up.

1 Like