Closed runways

I am wondering. If a runway is closed in real life for some reason. In infinte flight can we close the runway to make the experience more realistic. BTW this is for training server.

Thanks,
Aviation2929

Sometimes. You might not be able to follow the real world procedures. What airport are you meaning?

1 Like

@MJP_27 Currently at KDFW runway 18R/36L is closed for repaving. Can I not allow aircraft to takeoff/land on the runway. BTW I know this because before I open a airport, I like to know if anything is closed

Ultimately, doing this would create too much work for the devs and airport editing team. We obviously strive for as much realism as possible on IF. But going through each airport and closing runways not in use, as well as relying on pilots to actually not use them, would be a very heavy burden for staff and controllers.

Also, for those in IFATC, we go for efficiency, meaning every runway at an airport is used to maximize the flow of traffic.

2 Likes

So, I don’t think we could do that. Since their repaving it, I don’t think they’ll put a TFR saying that runway 18R/36L is closed for repaving

1 Like

Ok, thank you @MJP_27

1 Like

Thank you. I am hoping 1 day I will become an IFATC expert server controller. So I need to know this.

Thank you,
Aviation2929

1 Like

Of course! And for what it’s worth, I highly recommend going for IFATC. It’s a great group of people.

1 Like

There are few airport that have TFR’s for runway closure like London Gatwick’s 26R

3 Likes

In the real world.HongKong QIDE airport is closed.But in the game we can still fly to this airport.Maybe this is the special part for the game

1 Like