[CLOSED] Qantas Virtual celebrates their fifth anniversary @ YSSY - 132300ZMAY17

Qantas Virtual Group has led the Virtual Airline Industry for many years and we’ve reached our fifth anniversary! Let’s take a stroll through the history of Qantas Virtual…

On the 15th of May, 2012, Qantas Virtual had begun operations and opened up services to a now non-existant Infinite Flight Community forum. It was the start of Virtual Airlines, something that had never been introduced to the members of Infinite Flight. In just a few short years, which has seemed like a very long time - the Virtual Airline industry grew and changed to become what it is today.

We’d love to celebrate with our members, Infinite Flight Aviation Experts (IFAE) and the community what has been a successful and rewarding five years. We’re so proud of our efforts, experience and professionalism in this community and the support the community gives us back.

We’ve worked hard with IFAE to create our best yet anniversary event. As always, our event will be based at Sydney Jetbase (YSSY) and we simply cannot wait to share our joy with you.

We kindly ask that you reserve a gate or apron if you’re celebrating our special day with us by commenting below, sending us an email or sending us a private message.

We hope to see you at our event! Event details are below

Event Details

This is an Expert Server event. You must obey all ATC instructions, general rules and any event requirements.

Event Starting time:

• In Sydney 14th May - 09:00
  • In Perth 14th May - 07:00
  • In London 14th May - 12:00
  • In Los Angeles 13th May - 16:00
  • In New York 13th May - 19:00
    Despite the difference in date, the event is on at the same time

Featured Region:
As always, Sydney, Australia.

Aircraft
Any Qantas, QantasLink or Jetstar aircraft.

Our Flight Plan with IFAE

Spacing: 10NM
Speed: 240kts below FL100, 270kts above FL120, 280kts above FL200 and Mach .81 above FL280
Cruising Altitude: FL300 (30,000ft)

Capture the moment and share your experiences here and tag us, we’ll try and repost it!

17 Likes

Congratulations on 5 years! I hope heaps of people turn up to this event. Good luck.

10 Likes

Thank you for your support @anon31652286, we love hearing back from you!

2 Likes

Congratulations for the 5th anniversary of QVG! Wish you all the best and keep up the great work ❤🇦🇺👍

3 Likes

Wow great 5 years indeed continuing without any breaks is indeed an excellent job and indeed the very first airline to do that in IF. Excellent

4 Likes

It’s actually 00:00 on the 14th May in London
Congrats on 5 years tho!

1 Like

Congratulations on the 5 years guys. Bravo Zulu to you and good luck with the future. Would try and make it but need 30,000 XP for that haha.

3 Likes

Yay! 5 years! I can make it aswell! I think :) And we are flying to my local airport YMRY! Awesome

4 Likes

Oh no, I cant make this as I will be overseas and that is when my live runs out!!, oh well, congratulations to Qantas for their 50 years and good on you Qantas Virtural for following into Qantas

2 Likes

Congrats guys on five years! Great admin staff! Best wishes for all your future endeavors. Fly that Spirit proudly :)

3 Likes

Come on now here…when did 5 turn to 50 😂😂? Great job Qantas. It’s good seeing fellow incredible VAs.

2 Likes

Aaaaah *Qantas! It’s spelt all across this page and you still manage to get it wrong 😐

3 Likes

Whoops! It seems he was talking about the real world Qantas and congratulated us right at the end for following in their footsteps! The calculations for the real world Qantas are slightly off, Qantas will soon celebrate their 100th year anniversary.

2 Likes

Congrats to this markably anniversary !;-)

On behalf of IFSFG I wish you all the best for the future!
Ronny - IFSFG CEO

2 Likes

shame you cant join us, but save up and we look forward to seeing you at our 6th anniversary and beyond!

Congratulations! I want to join the celebration, a gate please. Thanks

At this time we aren’t reserving gates. Feel free to park at any T2 or T3 gate :)

1 Like

Our event starts in just 40 minutes. Who will we see down in Sydney this morning?

1 Like

Our event has begun! Tag us in your Qantas Virtual event photos and we’ll try and repost them!

Rumour has it, @jasonrosewell from FlightCast has joined us in Sydney, come and say hello!

2 Likes