The highly anticipated XCub is finally here and its time to put it through it’s paces! This coming weekend Plane & Pilot will push this amazing aircraft and your flying skills to their limits by hosting multiple challenges including speed and stall tests, low altitude bush flying, tight formations, and much more. We will do this out of Telluride, Colorado, a small ski town located in the beautiful Rocky Mountains. We hope you can join us for this action packed event! Everyone is welcome! Just post below and we will add you to the list.
Aircraft: Any XCub
Flight Time: 1:00
Date / Time: 2019-07-13T17:00:00Z
Flight Plan: Due to the fact that there are limited way points in the area and because we want attendees to fly by hand and not use autopilot, there is no set flight plan for this flight. Instead, we ask you to carefully follow the the event leader and the route indicated in red below:
The different tests listed below correlate with the numbers on the map.
1. Vertical Takeoff: Takeoff from runway 27 and climb as fast as you can to 2,000ft AGL. Try to keep a consistent speed of 90kts.
2. Turn Dive and Speed Test: Turn as hard as you can while descending into the canyon off of the edge to test the agility of the aircraft. While doing this, give it full throttle to try to reach the top speed. Level off at 500ft AGL.
3. Stall Test: Cut the power, give the aircraft full flaps, and go as slow as you can until you stall. Then go back to 90kts at 500ft AGL.
4. Steep Climb: Gain some speed and then pull up and fly up the side of the mountain until you find a small valley opening.
5. Low Altitude Bush Flying: Follow the leader as low as you can go through the maze of peaks, lakes, canyons, and hills in this beautiful plateau. Try to maintain 90kts.
6. Steep Decent: fly down the steep valley as fast as you can and then do a sharp turn and follow a new valley up to 7 at 500ft AGL and 90kts.
7. Tight Formation: A fun part of the event where we will try to fly as close as we can to each other while maintaining control. It should make for some awesome photos! Maintain 500ft and 90kts.
8. Backcountry Touch and Go: Try to takeoff and land on the relatively level hilltop then immediately line up for a base approach to runway 27 at KTEX.
9. Engine Failure Landing: Once you turn final, shut off your engine and try to glide down to the runway without it to simulate an emergency landing.
GA Main Apron 01= @PlaneCrazy (leader)
GA Main Apron 02= @InfiniteNick
GA Main Apron 03= @Luke_Sta
GA Main Apron 04= @Edivan_dcds
GA Main Apron 05= @Plnelovr
GA Main Apron 06= @TheFlyingGuy1
GA Main Apron 07= @Blitzkreig2012
GA Main Apron 08= @Jet_Airways_995
GA Main Apron 09= @Rishon_R
GA Main Apron 10= @AviationJack
GA Main Apron 11= @jakey2_0
GA Main Apron 12= @Kian_Abbasi
GA Main Apron 13= @Captain_Awerty
GA Main Apron 14= @Sashaz55
GA Main Apron 15= @KC3DLL
GA Main Apron 16= @BENSTUDIOS_YT
GA Hangar 01= @Aviation-21
GA Hangar 02= @Armani_B
GA Hangar 03= @DontGiveACramp
GA Hangar 04= @AIDoLS
GA Hangar 05= @Piazza
GA Hangar 06= @Mr-plane-guy1
GA Hangar 07= @Gabe_Z
GA Hangar 08=
GA Hangar 09=
GA Hangar 10=
GA Hangar 11=
GA Hangar 12=
GA Hangar 13=
GA Hangar 14=
GA Hangar 15=
GA Hangar 16=
Thanks for checking out our event, we hope you can come! If you have any questions, just let us know. Please be present on the community during the event.