[Closed] Plane & Pilot: Qantas Flight 32 Engine Failure Simulation @ WSSS - 041700ZNOV18

Hello guys!

Qantas Flight 32 was a scheduled passenger flight London to Sydney on November 4th, 2010 that suffered an uncontained engine failure a few minutes after taking off from its stop over at Singapore Changi Airport. The aircraft then had to dump fuel and circle back around to do an emergency landing at the airport. The failure was the first of its kind for the Airbus A380, the world’s largest passenger aircraft. Join Plane & Pilot this weekend as we replicate this incident on the same day with the same aircraft and a very similar flight path. We will take off from WSSS and shut down engine #2 after about 4 minutes, then dump extra fuel and fly back to WSSS where we will land safely with 3 engines. If you like to replicate real life aviation incidents, this is the event for you! Everyone is welcome! Just post below and we will add you to the list.

Event Details

Server: Training

Aircraft: Qantas A380

Airport: WSSS

Flight Time: :30

Date / Time: November 4, 2018 5:00 PM

Flight Info

Flight Plan: Replicated off of this photo. Remember to shut down engine #2 about 4 minutes after takeoff and dump extra fuel when you start your turn back to WSSS.

R1866 114N/10357E 35N/10411E 35N/10419E 42N/10424E 104N/10419E DOVAN DOKTA ICH09 R1866 WSSS

Ascend Rate: 2000VS

Ascend Speed: 245kts

Crusing Altitude: 7400ft

Crusing Speed: 245kts

Descent Rate: -1800vs

Descent Speed: 245kts

Listen to ATC and @Wattsup_jet on the event PM for more instructions

Assignments

Gates

T2 Gate F50= @Wattsup_jet (leader)
T2 Gate F52= @anon36571935
T2 Gate F54= @Peter_S
T2 Gate F56= @PlaneCrazy
T2 Gate F58= @savavalentin86
T2 Gate F59= @DiamondGaming4
T2 Gate F60= @Redrado
East Remote Apron 203= @Captain_Awerty
East Remote Apron 202= @Trio
East Remote Apron 201=
East Remote Apron 200=

ATC

You must be a member of Plane & Pilot ATC in order to control at this event, join here.

WSSS Tower/Ground= @Gabe_Z

Thanks for checking out our event, we hope you can come! If you have any questions, just let us know. Please be present on the community during the event.

Event Credits

Coordinater: @PlaneCrazy

Requested by: @KaiM

Leader: @Wattsup_jet

ATC manager: @jakevaz423

Photographer: @Starley

Flight Plan: @PlaneCrazy

Banner photo: @PlaneCrazy

Planning Team: @PlaneCrazy, @anon36571935, @jakevaz423, @Starley, @Cbro4, @Wattsup_jet, @Peter_S

Instagram | YouTube | Website | Infinite Flight | Slack

14 Likes

Put me! Sound Great Practice if the engine failed!

2 Likes

I might actually be able to make it. Can’t make any promises tho :/

1 Like

I really wish I could come, but this is right at 10:00, so I am at church :(

1 Like

I actually read Member of P & P and missed the word ATC. I can retake again before the event.

1 Like

@Gabe_Z Gate 58 is yours! Thanks for coming!

@DiamondGaming4 I will put you down for Gate 59, let me know if you can’t make it:-)

2 Likes

I would so love to come! But it’s at 4am for me and I’m never up that early

1 Like

Just to let you know, the plane held altitude at 7400ft after the engine failure all the way until final approach so might want to think about changing the cruise to be more realistic!

Can I have a slot! T2 Gate F60

1 Like

Gate F60 is yours, thanks for coming!

Thanks for letting me know, might change it. Part of the reason I have it at a higher altitude is because we are going to simulate the fuel dump and Infinite Flight doesn’t allow you to do it below FL100.

Actually it’s below 7000AGL

1 Like

Its below 7000ft AGL that IF doesn’t allow fuel dumping!

1 Like

@DiamondGaming4 @BennyBoy_Alpha good to know, thanks! Changing cruising altitude now:-)

1 Like

5 more days until takeoff! Make sure to reserve a gate!

1 Like

Put me, as always ;)

2 Likes

Roger that! Apron 203 is yours, thanks for coming!

2 Likes

@PlaneCrazy
What is the time zone for the time ??

2 Likes

Look here at Date/Time, this is my time, your may be different.

2 Likes

Okay so it is to your time zone depending on were u live

1 Like

What your time right now, look on your bar.

3am on November 5th
So I am unable to come

1 Like