[Closed] Plane & Pilot: Across the U.S. in 1 Hour @ KWRI - 121730ZJAN19

Hello everyone!

A flight across the lower 48 states of the U.S., KJFK to KLAX, usually takes over 5 hours, but what if we could do it in just 1 hour (1:30 to be exact)? Join Plane & Pilot this week as we hop into Infinite Flight’s fastest aircraft, the F-22, and fly full speed between Airforce bases on opposite ends of the country (KWRI and KNUC). Of course, the F-22 doesn’t have the range to fly that distance on a single tank of fuel. That is why we will be partnering with IFAE-GAF, who will be providing KC-10 refuelers at 2 selected zones during the flight. This will be a very fun and challenging event. We hope to see you there! Everyone is welcome! Just post below and we will add you to the list.

Event Details

Server: Expert

Aircraft: F-22

Starting Airport: KWRI

Ending Airport: KNUC

Flight Time: 1:30

Date / Time: 2019-01-12T17:30:00Z

Flight Info

Flight Plan:

KWRI R1889 FENKA KEBLE ASEDY MXE PENSY 3955N/7634W FLIRT VINSE AIR CORVS ZANDR BOWRR EMPTY CREEP FYLLS VHP JAAVE GORDO SPI BAYLI TWAIN SAAGS MCI JUDGE SLN RYLIE LAA ALS RSK COCAN RHYSS TBC EED OFREE PUMPE KNUC

Takeoff and Climb: Before takeoff, make sure that your fuel tanks are completely full. After takeoff, turn on NAV and do not exceed 300kts until you pass FL100, then set your engines to full throttle to achieve the top speed of the F-22. Rate of climb is at your decision.

Cruise: Level off at FL360, continue to fly with engines at full throttle.

Refueling Zone 1: Start speed reduction around fix CREEP, flaps may be needed. Enter VOR VHP at M .80 at FL360. IFAE-GAF KC-10 pilots will take off from KBLV and fly for VHP to SPI in refueling position. Refuel as efficiently as possible and make sure you have a full tank before detaching. We strongly recommend you review refueling tutorials (such as this one) before the event. Repeat step 2 after refueling.

Refueling Zone 2: Start speed reduction between fixes JUDGE and RYLIE, flaps my be needed. Enter VOR LAA at M .80 at FL360. IFAE-GAF KC-10 pilots will take off from KBKF and fly for LAA to ALS in refueling position. Refuel as efficiently as possible and make sure you have a full tank before detaching. We strongly recommend you review refueling tutorials (such as this one) before the event. Repeat step 2 after refueling.

Descent and Landing: Start speed reduction and descent around VOR EED. Do not exceed 300kts below FL100.

Listen to ATC and @AIDoLS on the event PM for more instructions

Assignments

KWRI Gates:
Mike 3-01= @AIDoLS (leader)
Mike 3-02= @PlaneCrazy
Mike 3-03= @Rishon_R
Mike 4-01= @Cjthew91
Mike 4-02= @Lukeolson55
Mike 4-03= @Gabe_Z
Mike 5-01= @Charles_Grohn
Mike 5-02= @Alaska170
Mike 5-03= @Peter_S
Mike 6-01=
Mike 6-02=
Mike 6-03=
Mike 7-01=
Mike 7-02=
Mike 7-03=
Mike 7-04=
Mike 8-01=
Mike 8-02= @Alex_Coffey
Mike 8-03= @DL_FILM
Mike 8-04= @Captain_Awerty
Mike 9-01= @GlobalFlyer1
Mike 9-02= @DiamondGaming4
Mike 9-03= @Wattsup_jet
Mike 9-04=

Thanks for checking out our event, we hope you can come! If you have any questions, just let us know. Please be present on the community during the event.

Event Credits

Coordinater: @PlaneCrazy

Leader: @AIDoLS

Photographer: @Starley

Flight Plan: FPL to IF

Banner photo: @PlaneCrazy

Special thanks to: IFAE-GAF

Planning Team: @PlaneCrazy, @AIDoLS, @Starley, @HawaiiPilot10, @Wattsup_jet, @Peter_S

Instagram | YouTube | Website | Infinite Flight | Slack

Best Infinite Flight Photos Part 2 [Official Thread]
Community Members Spotted on Live Part 2

You know it again! Fun!

Mike 7-04 is yours, thanks for coming!

I will take a gate! See you there

Np, missed one event is the worst.

You are all signed up, see you there!

I’m not coming but I have a question, when you put NAV on a fighter at full speed it pitches up and down violently sometimes, will this not be a problem?

I just did the flight and did not have issue, however if anyone has it they are free to revert to changing the heading manually.

put me down for a gate/slot

Roger that, Mike 8-02 is yours. Welcome aboard!

thank you.

How much time is it for us to land when we begin descent?
BTW Sett me up at the gate “Mike 8-03” PLEASE.
And PLEASE answer!

Sign me up! I can’t wait! ;-)

Sign me up as well for this event! Seems like fun

where is everyone?

What do you mean where is everyone ? The event is on January 12th, not today

Sign me up!

I think the title must confuses you because it says in one hour. It’ on January 12.

oops my bad

@DL_FILM @Captain_Awerty @GlobalFlyer1 @DiamondGaming4 You guys are all signed up, thanks for coming!

@DL_FILM ETE to dest? It depends on what speed you are going. Start desending about 16 minutes out if you are going 300kts.