[Closed] Plane & Pilot: A-10 Test Flight @ KDMA - 151800ZDEC18

Hello guys!

As you may know, last week Infinite Flight released their latest update including a completely reworked A-10. This Saturday Plane & Pilot heads to Davis Monthan Air Force Base to preform the ultimate test flight on this new fighter jet. This action packed event will include all kinds of challenging test maneuvers including low altitude object avoidance, tight formation, and even an engine failure landing! If you want to push the A-10 and your piloting skills to the limit, make sure to join us! Everyone is welcome! Just post below and we will add you to the list.

Event Details

Server: Casual

Aircraft: Any A-10

Airport: KDMA

Flight Time: 1:00

Date / Time: December 15, 2018 6:00 PM

Flight Info

Flight Plan:

R1586 VOLOG GALKE FIVIB ROCQO WOBOY SQUEZ ECLPS BBALL CABOS AYZUT ECIFY JOPAV CEBIL AXESE SPLTZ NAIRB OBISE JOSUR KDMA

Vertical Takeoff: As soon as you take off from KDMA, pull up and try to climb to FL050 (5,000 feet MSL) as fast as possible.

Low Altitude Object Avoidance: desend to base level and follow the leader though the mountains and valleys in the white circle. Try to stay below 180kts.

Top Speed Test: Climb to around FL250 (25,000 feet AGL), put your engines to full power and do a steep decent to achieve the maximum speed of the A-10. Level off at FL100.

Agility Test: Here we ask you to turn off NAV mode and try your best to follow to sharp truns on the flight plan as best as you can. This will test the banking capability of the aircraft.

Tight Formation: Fly at 240kts at FL100. Try to fly as close to the other aircraft as possible in single file to test formation capabilities.

Steep Descent/Engine Failure: Cross fix SPLTZ at FL100 and then decend steeply to the runway. On about a 3 mile final, shut off your engines and attempt to land without them. Good luck!

We recommend practicing these maneuvers before the event. Listen to @AIDoLS on the event PM for more instructions

Assignments

KDMA Gates
Alpha 1-01= @AIDoLS (leader)
Alpha 1-02= @PlaneCrazy
Alpha 1-03= @Captain_Awerty
Alpha 1-04= @Gabe_Z
Alpha 1-05= @Peter_S
Alpha 1-06= @EthanT2
Alpha 1-07= @BennyBoy
Alpha 1-08= @Wattsup_jet
Alpha 1-09= @Rishon_R
Alpha 1-10= @callum5124
Alpha 1-11= @Mell_Ijzerman
Alpha 1-12= @baseball_inferno
Alpha 1-13= @CPTMarzipan
Alpha 1-14= @Ckdada
Alpha 1-15= @Victor_Johansen
Alpha 1-16=
Alpha 1-17=
Alpha 1-18=
Alpha 1-19=
Alpha 1-20=

Thanks for checking out our event, we hope you can come! If you have any questions, just let us know. Please be present on the community during the event.

Event Credits

Coordinater: @PlaneCrazy

Leader: @AIDoLS

Photographer: @Starley

Flight Plan: @PlaneCrazy

Banner photo: @PlaneCrazy

ATC Manager: @Ryan_Vidad

Planning Team: @PlaneCrazy, @AIDoLS, @Starley, @Ryan_Vidad, @Wattsup_jet, @Peter_S

Instagram | YouTube | Website | Infinite Flight | Slack

7 Likes

Sign me up! ;-)

2 Likes

Me too! You always know it!

2 Likes

Count me in!

3 Likes

@Captain_Awerty @Gabe_Z @Peter_S you are all signed up! See you there!

3 Likes

I’m in! A-10 is super fun to fly.

3 Likes

Alpha 1-06 is yours, thanks for coming!

1 Like

Oh yes this is gonna be so fun! It’ll be interesting to see how many people succesfully pull-off the no-engine landing!

Sign me up!

2 Likes

Can i race you in a 747-8?

1 Like

@BennyBoy I’ve signed you up! Welcome aboard!

@callum5124 please only use the A-10 for this event. Would you like a gate?

2 Likes

Hi i would like a gate

2 Likes

Roger that! Alpha 1-09 is yours, see you there!

1 Like

Thats a shame. I’ll take a gate anyway.

And by the way people will most likely want to use the full runway then ascend about 60 degree angle. I have tried vertical and you’ll just fall back to earth in a crazy spin. And in real life the engines would cut out.

1 Like

Can I still join? :D would be fun!

1 Like

@callum5124 the instructions state to climb as fast as possible, we do not expect to climb faster than they comfortable with. I will assign you a gate, thanks for coming!

@Mell_Ijzerman Of course you can! I have added you to the list, see you there!

4 Likes

I will take a gate

3 Likes

Roger that, you’re all signed up! Thanks for coming!

3 Likes

Alpha 1-13 please

1 Like

It’s yours, welcome aboard!

2 Likes

Just over 48 hours until takeoff! Make sure to reserve a gate!

2 Likes