[Closed] Paro landing competition @VQPR! 151700ZJUL19

VQPR Paro Landing Competition!

Paro International Airport, Bhutan | Photobundle
credit

Hey there! Join me on a landing competition at Paro Airport, Bhutan! This competition will start at VNKT, kathmandu, and will land at Paro airport. The rules are listed below. You must strictly obey all the rules and whoever follows all the correct points and does the smoothest landing wins! You must be grade 3+ in order to join.

About Paro Airport

Paro Airport (Dzongkha) སྤ་རོ་གནམ་ཐང༌ paro gnam thang ) [IATA: PBH , ICAO: VQPR ) is the sole international airport of the four airports in the Kingdom of Bhutan. It is 6 km (3.7 mi; 3.2 nmi) from Paro in a deep valley on the bank of the river Paro Chhu. With surrounding peaks as high as 5,500 m (18,000 ft), it is considered one of the world’s most challenging airports, and only a select number of pilots are certified to land at the airport.

Flights to and from Paro are allowed under visual meteorological conditions only and are restricted to daylight hours from sunrise to sunset Paro airport was the only airport in Bhutan until 2011. Paro Airport is accessible by road, 6 km (3.7 mi; 3.2 nmi) from Paro city, and 54 km (34 mi; 29 nmi) from Thimphu by Paro-Thimphu road.

Rules

The landing at Paro is known as on of, if not the most challenging approach in the world! Let’s try to recreate this amazingly strategic landing in a competition! The time stated is the spawning time at VNKT. Please spawn at your assigned gate. When taking off from VNKT, cruise up to FL30 at a VS of -2500. Using the airport chart provided below, you must follow all points and altitudes as accurately as possible to get the most points. Descent will be calculated by you. Landings will be assessed as well.

Descent to FL16, and reach waypoint “TAKTI.” this waypoint is the starting waypoint to your approach into Paro. By looking at the chart below, you must follow all the altitudes as shown by flying in all of the valleys. The most accurate altitudes will result in more points!

Server: Expert

Airport: VQPR, VNKT

Time: 2019-07-15T15:00:00Z

NOTAM: Unicom at Kathmandu and at Paro will be used. Please be respectful and follow all the rules. Please copy my flight plan

Airline and livery: The aircraft and livery we will be using is the “Batik Airbus A320.” This is the most accurate airline to Bhutan airlines, which we sadly don’t have in Infinite Flight.

Credit

Please note. I am experienced with this approach as I’ve done it probably more than any other approach. I will be the judge, and I’m also asking for another judge to help me with judging the winners. IF you would like to participate to judge, please let me know below. I will not be listing the gates, and I will tell you your assigned gate once you join the event. lets get this landing competition as many members as we can! Any member is appreciated!

JUDGES

@BravoCharlie - approach
@Ryan_1872 - Landing

CONTESTANTS

Have a nice day.

5 Likes

Is there some sort of a prize if you win to just bragging rights?

Not really mate, its just for fun :)

@Ryan_1872 you’re signed up as the landing judge!

Rodger, @BravoCharlie

1 Like

Sorry mate but I cant go. my subscription ends before your event…

What day does your sub end? I could change the date.

Could I submit my landing in video form? JK. It’s from me doing it in a citation a while back. Didnt follow the approach but did it perfectly so.

So would you like to join?

Me and @Jakub_Astary would like to participate.

1 Like

Roger that mate! I will sign your gates later on.

1 Like

my sub ends like the 2nd of July. I mean its nice of you to move it, but i sorta wouldnt… it would be too short notice. its better to get more people.
Good luck!

Oh, that’s too early. Sorry mate.

I’ll join. Sounds cool

1 Like

Thanks for joining! I will also sign you a gate later on.

yea I know its fine though

1 Like

Count Me In!
But will we land or takeoff or land at the given time?

We will spawn at VNKT at the time stated :) Thanks for joining!

1 Like

@Aly2120, @TheFlyingGuy1, @Philippe_Gilbert, @Jakub_Astary
I have assigned you the gates, just check above on the list :)

3 Likes

Can I get a spot please? I don’t know if I can make it though