[Closed] NOTAM (3A) Tanker Support @ KNXP - 111500ZOCT15/120400ZOCT15

*💥RESCHEDULE💥. NOTAM (3A) "TANKER SUPPORT (DROGUE OP). PLAYGROUND. Sunday 10/11/15.

SoCal Region, A KC-17 (Call Sign: TEXICO) will be on station to refuel all TACTICAL OR AERIAL REFUELING CAPABLE AIRCRAFT on of the following RACE TRACK PATTERN; (WAY POINT/FIX) TRACK:

TRACK FIX: SoCal High Desert,  Vicinity 29 Palms EAF (KNXP).  Track:

✈~~    5CA4 - 22209 - AKIPE - 5CA4 ~~              ON 

STATION/TRACK: SUNDAY 10/11/15…1100/1200Q & 2300/0001Q

TRACK: Left Pattern, FL125 +- , AIR SPEED 200kt

JOIN UP: Revised: “Q” One (1) mile LEFT of dispenser track in staggered echelon formation: Approach refuel station from the LEFT Upon Stable LEFT entry close to 1000’ trailing Hose/Drogue position (simulated) on Long Legs only.

FUELING STATION Revised: Two (2) Hose/Drogue Wing Stations. Pair or Single Receivers accepted on arrival. Fueling : "When stable; 1000 feet Astern 200’ below Wing Drogue Station (simulated) refueled for minimum 3 minutes,then RIGHT BRAKE AWAY.

EMERGENCY BRAKE AWAY: “TANKER WING WAG”

RACE TRACK DESIGNATED " MILITARY EXERCISE RESTRICTED AREA (MERA). Observers/Transits/Observer aircraft shall remain clear of Track. A minimum two (2) mile lateral separation shall be maintained. Photo’s Encouraged

SPECIAL PROCEDURE: ATC “MARSA” Procedures will be in effect for all receiver and observer aircraft participating in this operation. Aircraft Separation Responsibility will be at pilots discretion from launch to recovery within the MERA.

SUGGESTED RECEIVER LAUNCH/RECOVERY : 29 Palms EAF (KNXP)

REMARKS: "Receivers SHALL Automatically Brake Off and Depart the Restricted Area if unable to establish a stable refueling position after Three (3) plug tries as noted above or if more the Three (3) Overspeed/Air Space Violations are Accumulated during any segment of this event. Failures to Tank are encouraged to Rejoin Echelon Q.

NOTE: All Times US/ EST. Mad Max (善悪) Sends END

Looks good. What are the changes to the join up from the previous events? Is it the same as the diagram on notam 3? Unfortunately US military speck got a little too much for me on that one :-P.

Last evolution was via a boom. This time it’s twin drouges. Now a fighting pair can tank together. See you over 29 Stumps… 😈

Ahh, thanks. Looking at the times I might not make this one unfortunately 😭

What times work for you ice? Max

This a Drogue Operation. The depiction shows a Boom. Drogues are deployed from wing pylon mounts and drift with a kite like device from each wing of the Tanker. Drogues are utilized primevally by US Naval Aviation.

@dush19… Thanks for the correction. I’ll eventually get it right. Max

EXAMPLE HOSE & DROUGE OPERATION

The Event will go as schedule, do not relie on rumor! Max Sends

Event in One (1) hour… Max

will try and make it in an RAF A330 MRTT as observing aircraft if possible

But I really wanna do it

I am the A-10 right behind you max

2 Likes

Thanks Max that was a really enjoyable flight, a couple of pictures of the action from the observer aircraft from the Royal Air Force!

2 Likes

I didn’t realize it was a drogue operation until it was too late :P I’ll take the F-14 out of the hanger later! Still a lot of fun!! Thank you gentleman

I caught Rotate departing vertical… Almost ballistic :)

2 Likes

Great event max I saw a lot of participants. My device lags to much when I close in and it becomes uncontrollable at that point.

Yes Rotate beet me back to landing at base!!

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

2 Likes

THE RIGHT STUFF… Max Sends

1 Like

@maxmustang ; outstanding!

1 Like