CLOSED.. MaxQuiz: What am I? @Patrick_U our "Blue Man" got it!

The Technician shown is servicing a critical system mounted n both the front and the rear of most airliners over 5o seats. Identify the System.

2 Likes

I don’t know the name of the pipes, but a “Honey Truck” takes out all the waste. Waste Removal, maybe?

2 Likes

@Patrick_U… Right on, the GSE Unit is called a “Lav Truck”. It’s function is similar to an RV Dumping Station. You can always identify a Lav Tech in training, they have "Blue Hand’sand sometimes there faces are blue to.
Beware of the Blue Ice found in your yard. Call the Fire Department HazMat Unit. Lol

1 Like

I am pretty sire that it is the waste removal truck or the air conditioning system that is used when the plane is at the gate.

@N1RG… Never saw an Air Conditioning Unit on the Ramp! Only a GSE Air Start Unlt (ASU) when on ground power. The craft uses the on board Aux Power Unit (APU) When disconnect from ground power until engender start. Both the ASU & APU provide ram air to run the on board air conditioning units. (Packs)
Until start. Correct answ above.

They do have them connected to the jetway.

MaxSez: “@N1Ri… FYI… Ground Power” units are generators of static electricity thus a safety hazard… They are routinely grounded on rubber wheeled-cart/vehicles + grounded by cable to a static port on the ramp. Permanent units at some newer airports are routinely located near the Jetway not on the jetway. On the jetway they are considered a shock safety hazard and well shielded.

@Maxmustang This is what I am talking about image

1 Like

In most major airports (In Europe and Asia to my knowledge) the GPU and aircon unit hoses/connectors extends form the jetbridge.

P.S I seem to be missing all of these questions and everyone else answers them before i even get a chance to see the question 😂

2 Likes

@Annonymouse115… MaxSez: Ok, On/Near point Taken. Let’s not quibble, minor correction made. . (This Topic is primarily focused on the Fledglings. Technically perfect questions would leave 75% of the community at a loss. I use the KISS Principle, bare with me.
(Info: @N1RG)

@N1RG… MaxSez: Appears from this small photo displayed tthe air hoses are flowing from a GPU via the bridge to the aircraft. My perception. The ground or jetway question was corrected and addressed above. Regards

@Maxmustang I will just leave this here. I have talked to many ramp hands and pilots of commercial pilots and have told me that. Regards.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.