CLOSED Max Quiz: Where Am I? WHAT international Airport… Win a Raving Peanut. @azeeuwnl Wins

Inbound to an EU Capital [correction, Major City). (Name the Airport & Country for a Raving Peanut)

3 Likes

You are clearly in the sky…I want my peanut now.

12 Likes

@Infinite.flight. MaxSez: Elementry as usual. No Peanut for you, LOL

1 Like

I want to say Amsterdam but I got a feeling it’s either France Germany or Spain.

Vienna? LOWI

Zagreb?

Mountains visible from the Netherlands OMG

3 Likes

Switzerland maybe with the mountains?

1 Like

elementery? I simply made an observation 🤔

*Checks LIveFlight…

7 Likes

CDG? (France) did I get it?

1 Like

Joke? I simply noticed it was max 🤔

1 Like

Bern, Switzerland?
That’s my guess

1 Like

Your heading is 110, with mountains far behind (so west-northwest) from you, about 15 mins to next waypoint, with another minute from there to the airport; so surely you are giving us this as a clue, saying we must look for an airport with a roughly west-to-east inbound - near the see or a lake.

I rule out: Geneva (Bern is the capital, is not near the sea or lake).

I go for Rome, or Istanbul…

7 Likes

Oslo Norway? Probably wrong

@azeeuwnl… It’s Geneva my friend. I screwed the clue up, Can’t believe I screwed the capital of Switzerland upl. Bern is now burned into my embarrassed psyche. Regret misguidence I’m the “Peanut” this time here’s my “stupid is as stupid does” award. Cherish it, it’s only the third issued;

9 Likes

What fun. I just spent 30 min frantically searching my map using the clues provided. Nice job azeeuwnl. I’d be happy to play this more frequently. Thanks Max

3 Likes

That sir is a hilarious poster.

1 Like

@Grady_Herbert… MaxSez: You where the next closest Grady, I screwed the pooch on the clues.
No big lake at Bern, if you look close there’s a lake reflection near the Beacon to the east of the flight line that’s Lake Geneva… The Matterhorn region skyline dominated the background. Regards

1 Like

I say: blame the Swiss, being just as weird as us, the Dutch.
The Dutch put their government in The Hague, which is not the capital, while the Swiss make their coolest city not their capital.

Maybe its a cheese thing… 🧀

2 Likes

How did I not notice I live in Geneva 🤦‍♂️

1 Like