[Closed] KSNA TS1 (Read NOTAMS)

KSNA Training Server 1. Please note 20L and 20R will be used for landing and takeoffs. All information needed is on charts found online or on this forum. Nothing bigger than a 787/C130.

General Aviation aircraft will be using runway 20L. If you want patterns I will assign you left closed traffic.

Airlines will be using runway 20R. When landing, please do not cross 20L without requesting beforehand. It is an active runway! If you want to fly patterns I’ll give you right closed traffic.

For airline departures taxing to runway 20R, hold short of 20L and request to cross before crossing.

I will give Citation X’s runway 20R unless you request the left.

Departures: Don’t request a frequency change if it looks like I have a heavy flow of traffic. I know who is remaining in the pattern and who is not so no need to call.

This will be one of my last sessions in training before I hopefully move over to IFATC. Thanks to Misha for the forum post outline 😉

3 Likes

In short NOTAM useless.

2 Likes

I will probably stop by as N102JR…

3 Likes

The heavies are flying patterns better than the GA. Unbelievable.

1 Like

That’s probably because the GA’s aren’t being sequenced or cleared. @JoshFly8 am I right?

3 Likes

I’m coming on call sign N68AC

@JoshFly8 Come on, Come in and crush his dreams.

1 Like

Were you the guy flying 50 KTS on left downwind?

1 Like

Nope I was your first pattern that got cleared once and had to initiate 4 go arounds do to the lack of awareness on your part.

It’s hard to sequence when an aircraft is going 50KTS on downwind while you’re gunning it on final while I have an aircraft on crossing the left. Turning crosswind halfway down 20L cutting in front of traffic on downwind. Your reckless flying screwed up the sequencing.

1 Like

@cleipelt great job! You cleared me in the pattern 6 times for every landing and gave me good sequencing information each time. Good luck on the move to IFATC!

1 Like

I’m sorry my flying caused you grief you should have done something to fix that for yourself.

1 Like

@Brandon_Sandstrom Were you FUI?

I am N435BT

1 Like

No… Flying Under the Influence? LOL!
sure looked like it.

2 Likes

Nope just flying the spit. Like normal.

3 Likes

Different planes fly different patterns. A Cessna or Spit is going to enter crosswind mid-runway.

1 Like

Well that’s your job to make them aware of the traffic they are to follow.

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback Matt. I’ll work on it in the future.

3 Likes

If you want to join IFATC, and be a good controller, better drop the excuses. A good controller admits his mistakes, and works on from them. A bad controller covers up his mistakes with bad excuses to make him look good and the pilot bad.

7 Likes