Closed KSJC TWR TS1

Online at KSJC GND/TWR for at least the next hour.

I’d appreciate any pattern work, but if I decline it’s probably due to amount of traffic. Try again in a few minutes if I happen to deny your pattern work.

Looking forward to seeing you all fly in!

3 Likes

Bringing my friends. About to get busy

4 Likes

You are always on the sim , like 24/7 ! So how do yo have friends , if so can you teach me your ways ?

5 Likes

Do NOT over control. JUST SEQUENCE

1 Like

Overall not bad. But when I slowed on my last landing and did not exit. You should have told UFO640 to Go Around.

3 Likes

Yes, but told you to exit right when he was on 2 mile final. You were at 20KTS and passed up at least 1 (maybe two) taxiways off your right. That was frustrating but you are correct, should’ve had him go around.

2 Likes

Coming in right now.

2 Likes

Tom ALWAYS does it.

Anyway good job. I hope I see you on expert controlling soon.

2 Likes

Thanks. BTW who was the guy in the Caravan? On his first takeoff on 12R I told him to make left traffic. Saw him turning right crosswind with someone already on the roll out for 12R for right traffic… Thought to myself, “Oh **** he’s gonna get ran over by an Airbus”.

Luckily after asking him for intentions he realized what was I said earlier but that move nearly ruined that shift for me 0_0

2 Likes

As Tom basically said, if you would have sequenced earlier it would have been almost perfect. If you just sequence you wouldn’t have had to give us as many speed commands when we were turning crosswind and downwind. We would know who to follow and could maintain visual separation to help you out. Other than that, good job.

3 Likes

Hey was in the caravan new joystick testing so a little wobbly But I knew to go left just had to re adjust some things never left the 30L runway cone so I hope it didn’t worry you to bad.Overall nice session but it took me two tries to get you to change me from 12R to 12L again

3 Likes

Thanks for flying in! That one time I gave you 3 speed restrictions was when Tom decided to change it up on me from 12L to 12R. I had someone else already on the upwind from 12R as Tom was on upwind about 2 miles south, so told Tom to extend upwind so departure from 12R could turn crosswind. I don’t think Tom listened and he turned right crosswind so had to give him speed restriction since there’s no “Traffic to follow is on right crosswind”.

Then I believe you were turning crosswind off 12R as Tom was on extended crosswind and other aircraft was on right downwind. Tom was going slow, you were going fast, so unfortunately had to give you reduce slowest practical speed command and Tom the maintain best forward speed until he was on downwind and I could give you the “#3, traffic to follow is on right downwind” command. Thanks for feedback, I’ll work on sequencing next time.

1 Like

No worries on joystick problems. Sorry it took so long to get you over to left runway too. I had to find a nice gap to fit you in since C208 was so slow, and once Tom switched to 12R I was able to switch you over. Thanks for flying in.

1 Like

Thanks for controlling as the guys said above work on that with tom a couple more times perfect it and then I think you would make a great addition to the team

2 Likes

Instead of creating a new topic I will add on here. Open KSJC GND TWR for at least the next hour on TS1.

Brought a few friends of mine along to fly. When I request runway change you must give pattern entry before clearing for the option

1 Like

Thanks for that Tom, I did not know. Appreciate the traffic as well.

Little too much traffic 😂

2 Likes

Traffic was nice lol.

My iPad disagreed though, decided it was a good time to crash IF when traffic was at its peak ☹️

Suggestions:

1. When traffic is in pattern, give sequencing ASAP so I know who to follow. Don’t even need to wait for me to turn downwind.
  2. Limit use of ‘extend downwind’, ‘i’ll call your base’, and speed commands. They are useful but only if you see I am not maintaining spacing. You gave me who to follow so I will maintain visual separation on my own. No need to over-control.
  3. Don’t tell me no pattern work.

Hope to see you apply for IFATC.

2 Likes