[CLOSED] KJFK- GROUND/TOWER (Training Server)

I’m testing my skills for what is probably one of the last times before I test to become an IFATC, so come and help me practice! Just please follow the rules :)
(Active runways will be 22R and 13R for takeoff, 22L and 13L for landings. If you’re inbound and want to do a Canarsie approach, I suggest either putting “CRI” somewhere in your name or callsign, or just make it obvious in terms of the direction you’re flying so I can clear you for landing)
Have fun!

1 Like

I’ll come and do patterns and T&Gs

1 Like

I’ll come for awhile 😉

1 Like

I’ll come in for a while too.

1 Like

Coming, callsign : V-NEO

1 Like

I’ll come in 30mn if you’re still there

1 Like

I probably will still be here. I’ve got nothing to do to for the next 5 hours 😂

• You shouldn’t line up and wait me if I didn’t ask for takeoff. As you don’t know if I’m departing or staying in the pattern.
  • Your missing the whole sequencing part. Check out this :
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5AoZQqL4Ms

Sorry I couldn’t stay long and did a rushed feedback, I think you have a good potential of being a good controller ! Work a bit more and you’ll do a excellent job.

4 Likes

I appreciate the feedback! :)

2 Likes

I’m coming as CPT-JVO in a 787-8

1 Like

coming, I’m Iraqi Army 555

1 Like

My Feedback:
Rather then spending these 5 hours being ATC, you should watch the YouTube totarials about sequencing and the perfect ATC test.
There were a few things that your testers will not like.
I’m not saying you will not pass, but you HAVE to improve before your practical.

• the traffic behind me was not sequenced
  • After I requested a runway change, give me traffic directions (cleared for the option right traffic) I never got that
  • You cleared me to land for no reason

But the most important thing and also for your IFATC test, is that you learn how to sequence properly!

But anyways, you are close to perfect, work on these things and you’ll pass your practical!

IFTSATC Cpt Obvious✌🏼️

1 Like

Not too bad, but here a couple tips:

1. On my last takeoff on 13 L you said make right traffic which could cause incursions on departing and arriving aircraft.

2. Transition, it was good, but I was taught that you should usually do a transition at 2,500 or 3,500.

3. Sequencing, it was ok. I was sequenced “number 2, traffic to follow is on right downwind” and there was no one on right downwind or base or final. I think you mixed up that separate runways have separate patterns.

Other than that good luck on your test! Check up on the videos they help a ton.

IFTSAT OJFam

1 Like

Thank you for the feedback! It seems sequencing is definetly my flaw right now!

The hight of a transition depends on the situation. You can’t just say it’s always between 2500 and 3500 feet.
GAs and smaller aircrafts fly pattern at around 1000 feet, jets at around 2000.
The rule is to add about 1500 feet to highest flying plane.
Technically, 2500-3500 is correct, but you can’t just choose between them.

Pattern for jets are 1,500 AGL.

No. 1,000 is a good rule of thumb. Technically speaking, 500 VFR to VFR is the minimum in visual patterns, but we’re a little more flexible on that end and thus increase the ceiling to accommodate for a number of reasons. It’s not hardset, either.

1 Like

Roger, I was taught it’s 1500 :D. But I’ll take that into consideration

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.