[Closed] King of the Mountain Bush Race @ 4S6/55S/21W - 251757ZJUN16

Server: Free Flight

Region: Seattle

Airport: 46S Tieton State or 55S Packwood or 21W Ranger Creek

Day: Saturday, June 25th

Time: 1757Z (staging)

Race Start: Takeoff at 1800Z

Aircraft Type: Super Decathlon

NOTAM: This event is an exercise in energy management as we race up towards the summit of Mt. Rainier.

The rules are simple: Choose one of the 3 starting airports, takeoff at 1600Z, climb to the top as fast as you can, and land as close to the summit as you can. The winner is the pilot who lands closest to the summit in the least amount of time.

Although the Super D was never designed for this purpose, it is the closest thing to a bush plane that we have in IF. So don’t forget to bring some extra O2 and please forgive the lack of realism…

The choice of starting airports is intended to provide an element of strategy. Each starting location has pros and cons, so choose wisely.

8 Likes

i’d take off from 456 if you were participating in this event…
456 is already up in the mountains no need to worry about the steep climb…
and if you look like the map, you can take off South and have a little space to raise some altitude before banking right

just a little hint :)

2 Likes

It’s actually 4S6. Cool event :)

1 Like

Im coming. See you there!
Is everyone going to start at whatever airport they want or only one player per airport?

1 Like

Yes, everyone can choose one of the 3. Whichever airport fits your flying style and strategy is in play.

Since this is a bush style event on the free flight server, you can takeoff where ever you want. No need to wait for the runway. The Super D does not need a lot of room to get airborne. Just please look left and right first to make sure you’re not on an intersecting vector perpendicular to traffic.

1 Like

Alrighty, I will start at 55S.

1 Like

I will be there. Is it 1600z or 1800z?

1800Z
We have some network issues here, so I propably dont come. 😭

In 30 minutes!

I chrashed to some terrain. I didnt see it, trust me.

I crashed also… Thanks for coming up to check on me

1 Like

I think Cameron won! I didn’t see what happened to Jeremy.

Thanks for flying fellas, that was a lot of fun

2 Likes

Yea, Cameron won.

2 Likes

The funny thing is, I didn’t even mean to land there, I just accidentally lost control and then suddenly gained it and landed ;)

2 Likes

Thanks for that event! I would definitely do something like it again!

2 Likes

We should do this kind of an event again!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.