(CLOSED) Joseph_Spinner ATC Tracking Thread

Welcome to my tracking thread! I usually will control at the same airports, always on the training server. Feedback is very much appreciated too :)

1 Like

I would come, but i’m currently mid-flight, hopefully next time.

1 Like

Right now I’m at Boston Logan Int’l for a little while.
Arriving runways 4L, 4R, 33L, and 27
Departing runways 4L and 33L

I’ll come for a flight to JFK

1 Like

Will pop in for a few patterns :)

1 Like

srry about me not responding, had to do something…

1 Like

That’s alright. I had you contact New York approach when you were still kind of far out just in case :)

1 Like

Overall, very good. Here’s just a few things to look out for next time you’re controlling:

1. After telling an aircraft to make left/right traffic as a takeoff instruction, there is no need to repeat after each touch and go; the aircraft already knows which was they’re going to turn.
  2. Make sure not to forget to clear the aircraft (for the option) after each touch-and-go, hence for my two go-arounds.
  3. I believe you might’ve mixed up some commands. “Extend downwind” means that the pilot will extend downwind and turn by themselves, there is no need to tell them to turn to base. If you want to tell the aircraft when to turn base, use the command “I’ll call your base” instead; with this command the aircraft will continue to fly downwind until told to turn base. When you want the aircraft to turn base, use the command “turn base” instead of “enter straight in” (because the aircraft in the pattern isn’t entering anything, they’re already in the pattern).
  4. Don’t forget to issue the command “Exit runway left/right/when able and contact ground on taxiway” when the aircraft is doing a full-stop. Personally, I issue the command at 60 knots GS (this means the aircraft for sure won’t go around). After that, wait for them to ask to taxi to parking and then send them the command to cross a runway if necessary.

Check out this amazing tutorial by Tyler, just to touch up on your use of commands.

Thanks for the service!

P.S. I really hope you didn’t see my awful landing where I nearly went off the runway… ;)

1 Like

I see everything from the tower 😂

1 Like

I’m open at Nice (LFMN) so come and fly. Just please, no more than 3-5 aircraft doing pattern work please 😂

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.