[CLOSED] JetBlue Virtual "Carmageddon Fly Over" @ KLGB - 302000ZJUL16

Have you ever wanted to fly just for $4, or even fly with Even More Space seats for $5? Well this actually took place in 2011 as JetBlue’s solution to Interstate 405 being closed for construction. Join us in this great event in the beautiful Southern California, and recreate a fun throwback to a fun short flight provided by JetBlue to fly over the, “Carmageddon”.

Server: Advanced

Region: Southern California

Departure and Arrival Airport: KLGB-KBUR

Aircraft: A320

Time: 2000Z

Cruising Altitude: 15,000 Feet

Cruise Speed: 260 Knots

NOTAM: We will be using the KLGB SENIC TWO DEPARTURE out of KLGB, so please follow all restraints and etc. on the chart (We will be most likely using Runway 30 for departure). For the approach into KBUR, we will be using the KBUR LYNXX EIGHT ARRIVAL upto VOR FILMORE and then from there, we will be transitioning to the KBUR ILS Z or VOR Z RWY 8 Plate.

After Departure, we will be climbing to 15,000 feet until waypoint KOPLE. We will be descending after that to 14,000 Feet and after we overpass KOPLE, we will be descending to 13,000 feet upto waypoint LYNXX where we will have to be at 6,000 feet by then. On final approach there will a holding pattern to space out traffic and after that, just fly the ils down to KBUR.

Additional Info: I am asking for separation for this event so, I am making a rule where a 5 nm separation on departure is needed to allow for spacing along the flight. Hope to see you all there, and it should be a great event :)!

Articles about the “Carmageddon” flights (if you are interested in reading more about it): CNN’s Article, Los Angeles Times’s Article, JetBlue Blog’s Article

What the flight plan should look like

6 Likes

Can’t wait!

2 Likes

Yes should be a great event!

2 Likes

Can’t wait for the flight tomorrow :)

2 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

This sounds fun.A anyone agree?

1 Like

4:00pm eastern

1 Like

I will be there!

1 Like

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

1 Like

I’ll attend! 😄

1 Like

Event starts in 1 hour! Please have atleast two devices with you to have the charts up as we fly. Departure runway will stay as 30 and the arrival will be 08. Hope to see you all there!

2 Likes

Event has started :)

(The holding pattern on final will not be used so just ignore that :)

1 Like

Ok guys flight plan ready. :) Just copy it from me. I will be waiting another 5 minutes for anyone who still wants to join

2 Likes

someone is inside me lol

We are now leaving

Thank you to all who joined! Maybe next time we will have more attendance but nevertheless, it was a super fun event :)

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.