CLOSED- Ford TriMotor Wins by wide margin. MaxSurvey: Reopening 1 of 3 Vintage Trimotor Features; Which Craft would you choose?

MaxSez: There are 3 Vintage Trimotor Legendary Aircraft Features in the Archive. They are similar in design and a few are still flying today. I’d like to reopen 1 of the 3 features for reconsideration and entery into the IF Inventory by popular demand.

Below find a teaser video of the US Designed/Built “Ford Trimotor” it’s configuration, characteristics and performing are similar to its competitor of the 1920’s in this survey, they are the Dutch “Fokker FV1” and the German “Junker JU-52.”

Watch the Video then Take the Survey!

• Ford ATE Trimotor
  • Fokker FV1 Trimotor
  • Junker JU-52 Trimotor

0 voters

The Winner Gets a Reopened Feature . Thanks for Participating.
Regards All

7 Likes

I’ve actually seen this video before and I’m going to have to go with the Ford ATE Trimotor!

1 Like

@mattrich MaxSez: Great Video, I prefer the JU-52 because of its War Record. It appears from the Pole there’s some confusion between Junker & Fokker is evident and our members missed something in history class.
I went with the Ford though out of loyalty, Flew in one from the Cape to the Vineyard. Believe that regular service has been discontinued and only memory flight fir old folk are still offered for lotsa bucks. Regards

3 Likes

One attending Airventure has the opportunity for such a Ford flight, albeit as you said for a rather steep fee. It’s incredible to see how slowly the bird climbs out on takeoff. The Fokker aircraft were some of the very first flown by Juan Trippes nascent Pan American and I believe HRH Prince Philips sister was killed in a Junker crash before the outbreak of the Second World War.

Oh, and you can survive a crashing Ford if you bail out atop an inflatable raft. But only archeologists.

1 Like

@Bfinley1255. MaxSez: Spoken like a true rock hound with an eye for the obscure! Loved the history lesson , hope the wee ones were paying close attention. Can see them now breaking out those Pads trying to figure out what a ”HRH” are or what’s this guy Trippe with the long E did for PanAm. What the hell is a nascent, Da. The raft thing was the topper. Well done bold Pilot… Hope you stop by often. Regards

Note: Archeologists are just older bored Geologist…

1 Like

How are you going to “announce the winner” for a reopened feature? Btw this was actually pretty interesting!

1 Like

@Ryan_Vidad. MaxSez: I’ll let this run and get the early morn crowd.
I’ll post the winner around noon tomorrow and bump the winner as a Feature after coordination with the Mod some time this week. Regards

3 Likes

Wish I could like a post twice. Regards mutual, good sir.

3 Likes

MaxSez: Ford wins by a wide margin. New Feature in the works. Thanks you participants. Warm Regards All

3 Likes