CLOSED: Everybody Wins who responded due to missing photo.BZ All!, MaxSundayQuiz: “What’s It”? For a BZ Flag Hoist!

MaxAsks: (1) What is the “Black Caped Device with a Tail Fin” on the left wing tip of this TBM… What’s its function, what’s inside the unit?

(2). What’s this unit used for:

Complete response only accepted!

2 Likes

I looked this up a little while back:

This innovative fuel tester allows you to test multiple fuel sumps on an aircraft without having to empty the sample between checks. With the MultiSump you get a sample from each sump and inspect the fuel in the top container.

It’s really interesting!

2 Likes

I’ve seen this picture somewhere before 🤔

I know it’s to test fuel for contamination and the such.

2 Likes

I am a pilot in training and before every flight I have to go to five of those little holes with that tool to make sure the fuel is good. You can tell it’s good if the fuel is transparent with a slight blue haze. And then there are openings on top of the wings that you put the fuel back into the tank.

2 Likes

The black capped dome on the wing is the radome… better known as the weather radar

4 Likes

Hey Max,

That Black dome on the TBM wing is a weather radar/sensor that includes an antenna inside for getting accurate weather depictions!

2 Likes

Everybody wins here, your BZ by my default LOL… “I screwed up a link “again””!!! The Mad Peanut, it’s for me!
IMG_1517 image

11 Likes

The mad peanut. That’s a new one for me. 😂

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.