[Closed] EGLC Tower and Ground @ TS1

Come down to London City for some patterns, or just depart to another airport! Don’t forget the five degree glidescope, we don’t want to make the Londoners restless tonight :) Feedback would be appreciated, I’m working up to be IFATC in two years.

3 Likes

Two years that is long time ! Best of luck to reach your goal. Will see if I can pop in ;)

2 Likes

Heading on now, see you there.

2 Likes

Not old enough 😑At least I get lots of time to practice!

1 Like

Oh I see , practice makes perfect !

2 Likes

We’ve got @Boodz_G on approach!

2 Likes

Do you back taxi to 27 or run along the grass?

Switch to tower then request takeoff. Back taxi obviously :)

Don’t taxi thru grass. Use the runway.

1 Like

Thank you, super noob to London.

1 Like

Whoever flyer 5 is, you don’t need to report position once you’ve been cleared to land.

@Bfinley1255, sorry about that, I thought I cleared you for takeoff but it looks like I didn’t :/

No problem, I just assumed you had a reason. I defer to the expertise of ATC.

1 Like

Flyer 5, when back taxiing, you don’t request to cross runway. You simply hold short of the runway, switch to tower then request takeoff. Tower will then issue you a back taxi command.

Some people need to look at this.

Thank you, sir. Golden information. Nice work, enjoyed my short circuit around EGLC.

1 Like

I was a bit clumsy with the buttons tonight, thanks for coming! I wish people knew how to backtaxi though… (You were fine, others, 👎🏻)

If feel your pain , hence why I never control @ EGLC as people have no clue …

I am always happy to learn, I never assume I know enough. That is what I enjoy about this community, all the opportunities to broaden my knowledge base, sharpen my pilot skills and make me a better, safer PIC.

1 Like

Make sure to watch Mark’s tutorials to keep your edge :)

1 Like