[Closed] Columbia Gorge River Run @ KDLS - 221930ZAUG15

Server: ATC Playground

Region of the Week: Seattle Area

Airport: KDLS Columbia Gorge Regional The Dalles Muni

Day: Saturday, August 22nd

Event Start Time: 19:30 ZULU (12:30PM PDT)

Event End Time: 23:30 ZULU (3:30PM PDT)

Objective: Fly from KDLS to KPDX Portland Intl following the Columbia river. It is roughly a 15 min flight at 225kts.

NOTAM: All aircraft welcome, Generic liveries encouraged

Optional challenge: Keep it low under the radar! Altitude is restricted to 1000’ AGL. Your Generic painted aircraft will be loaded with a special cargo at KDLS, and your customer does not want to attract the attention of the authorities. Get the cargo to KPDX quietly!

Please post event experiences and pics here

2 Likes

One question: how would drugs traffickers be able to afford airliners?

Another question, Rotate.

How?:

1 Like

Who said anything about drugs!?

1 Like

You’re making it seem like it!! :P

Well if you sell tons and tons of expensive cocaine picked and processed at low prices and sold at high prices, you’d be sure to make a tidy profit.

Not that you should…

2 Likes

… It’s just a gimmicky idea to attract interest! Other organizations use generic aircraft to move cargo around as well.

This is actually a quick and fun flight worth taking. Lots of good scenery, some nice sweeping turns, and airports right off the river. I needed an excuse to stay low!

1 Like

Great, I’ll try to be there!

I’ll be there, flying a B737BBJ

1 Like

I’ll be in an ERJ-190

1 Like

@Rotate, yes on the playground, but this route is fun solo or in a group. I just looked at liveflight and saw you out there… Haha, nice call sign! Very inconspicuous :)

1 Like

Good idea. Nothing suspicious about that at all! I bet if someone is controlling Portland when we arrive, they won’t even notice us sneaking in there over the river.

1 Like

Getting lined up now for the first fight. Runway 30. Expect 28R at portland

1 Like

Lol, I crashed into the side of a cliff