[CLOSED] BAVA A day out in London @ EGKK - 061600ZMAY17

Server: Training

Region: London

Airport: EGKK (See below)

Time: 1600Z Sat 06May

NOTAM a318/19/21 Embraer 190 or 757 may be used. Copy flight plan off Speedbird 17

Have you ever been to Southern England? Well today we present A day out in London! We start at EGKK (Gatwick), at Sunrise time, then fly over to EGBB for breakfast in Birmingham. After a 5 minute stop and changing the time to noon,we depart again for EGLC for lunch in London, enjoying the beautiful view of the Thames river, and flying the steep approach to City (Tutorials tagged at bottom). As city doesn’t have many spaces if this event has more than 10 people (Check back before the event) you will touch and go and change to sunset and then circle for a few minutes until everyone is ready for the leg down the coast to supper in Southampton (EGHI), passing over the Isle of Wight and the Dorset cliffs. After a lovely day of flying we switch time to night and return back to Gatwick. You can join or leave this event at any point, such as join at EGBB and leave at EGHI, hence the short stop at each for all to join. Please ask for a gate below and comment how much of the route you will do (Just an estimate, it’s fine to do more or less).

Other information:
If airport is full (Controller sends "airport full message) these are the alternates
EGBB-EGNX
EGLC-EGLL
EGHI-EGHH
EGKK-EGLL
Climb/Descent

First leg (EGKK-EGBB) climb to 15000 @240KIAS 1800FPM, cruise 300KIAS, descend 50 nautical miles out at 240KIAS, VS at your discretion to 3000, then intercept

Second leg (EGBB-EGLC) climb to 15000 @240KIAS 1800FPM, cruise 300KIAS, descend 50 nautical miles out at 240KIAS, VS at your discretion to 5500, then intercept.

Third leg (EGLC-EGHI) climb to 20000 @240KIAS 1800FPM, cruise 330KIAS, descend 60 nautical miles out at 240KIAS, VS at your discretion to 3000, then intercept

Final leg (EGHI-EGKK) climb to 15000 @240KIAS 1800FPM, cruise 300KIAS, descend 50 nautical miles out at 240KIAS, VS at your discretion to 3000, then intercept

Back taxi (EGLC):

Steep approach (EGLC): Steep approach on A318 (EGLC)

Gatwick one runway policy (Go to operations>flight movements) https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gatwick_Airport

Gates:
Parking 3 @Insertusernamehere
Parking 4 @Ummers93
Parking 5 @John_Ryan
Parking 6 @Kevin_Potthast
Parking 7 @Tsungjui3819
Parking 10 @justifyletters
Parking 11 @Liam_Barker
Parking 12 @Thomas_Ralph
Parking 13 @Milen_Jacob
Parking 14 @ Maria_Ros_Stefansdot
Parking 15 @ J9J9T
Parking 16
Parking 17
Parking 18
Parking 19
Parking 20
EGKK parking order is slightly unusual, but all these spots are there, just 12 is where 120 should be and 13 where 130 etc
Gates will be added as necessary

There will be a short 15 min practice session back taxiing and flying the steep approach 30 minutes before the event, just turn up and fly

4 Likes

Can I take a gate please

Cool sounds great.

I’m up for it if I can be.

BAVA next event sounds good

Must I be a BAVA pilot in order to join in?

Nope, take parking 4

Perfect. Thanks.
See you in there

Itu93

1 Like

Take parking 5 please!

Is someone on ATC for this journey? I’m just having a look at the route and details now

We have our excellent BA TSATC services on the job :)

Very cool.

Can’t wait to get involved.
I’ll go ahead and buy an a318 later.

1 Like

please add me to the list of gates

Give me a gate please

Can anyone share callsigns? I’d like to know who’s in

The event is on saturday-the first 2 digits of the time is the date

tut. righto. idotic Sorry :)

1 Like

Can I have a gate please?

1 Like

Take parking 6 :) look forward to seeing you there

Remember to switch flying times throughout the event!

I did a run though. I don’t have many night landings but I’m used to ILS

Could you screen shot a suggested route? I have planned everything with easy turns.
I’ll suggest my plan later