Closed ATC training TS1 @ KPSP, California

Please join me and give me feedback on my ATC skills

2 Likes

You still there?

Let’s do this again! Please join me

Join me! :)

I’ll come and do a pattern or two, and test you on a few things.

1 Like

I know ts1 can be crazy, but this was extremely bad behaviour from a hand full of users.

1 Like

I stopped by but you ended your session as I was holding short of 31L… I’ll send you some feedback on a PM. In any case, I was cracking up - this guy… look at where he stopped. Then he slowly moved past me, but slowly, like as if he would go slowly I wouldn’t notice… it cracked me up… :-D

2 Likes

I completely agree with that. From what I saw happening, several aircraft were instructed to go around, responded, continued inbound without making any course corrections, and then proceeded to land on whichever runway they wanted. I dislike it when people do that, especially when they are are level 2 and up.

Yeah, it was a chaos! Worst I’ve seen. I’m at EGBB now if you want to do some real patterns 😂

What server?

TS1 as stated above. And yes, I know it’s how it is

After testing you on a few different things, here’s my feedback:
Overall, you did great. You were sequencing aircraft pretty well. When you cleared aircraft, you typically gave sequencing to aircraft so they could be somewhat manageable. When I was remaining-in-the-pattern, you gave me the correct clearance (“cleared for the option”), which I pleases me that you know the difference. The only issue I saw regarding clearances was that after my touch-and-go, when I lifted off the runway, you cleared me for another touch-and-go when I never said I was going to do another one. To me, this shows that you were trying to anticipate where all of the aircraft are and what their intentions were a little too much. This is an easy thing to solve though. Moving to transitions, I requested one and you gave me an altitude to stay above that wasn’t at a ridiculous altitude (I have been assigned a transition at or above FL260 in a Cessna 172 before and just ended up going around the airspace). After the transition, I requested to land on 31R and got sequenced and cleared, which is good. I then decided to request a change to runway 31L, where you resequenced me into the current pattern for 31L. Then when the mayhem started with those aircraft that were ignoring your instructions, you handled that pretty well.

1 Like

Thank you for the feedback! It really helps!

Regarding me being to fast and gave you another clearance after tng.
Couldn’t I take for granted that you are remaining in the pattern as long as you don’t request a departure from the air space?

2 Likes

Very good feedback you gave, I just have to make a coment here… I am not IFATC, but I do not see anything wrong with this - if you are in the pattern the controller will assume you’ll remain in the pattern after your T&G, unless you say differently. Nothing wrong with him sequencing and clearing you for the option right away, if you choose to depart, that’s fine… he would just approve your departure. Again, I am not IFATC so take my comments with a grain of salt :-).

2 Likes

@MannyG is correct. Unless the aircraft states otherwise that he either wants to depart or do a full stop, I will assume he keeps on doing patterns. Feel free to report or state your intentions (sparingly) if you change your mind.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.