(CLosed)ATC Training @ EDDL (Amsterdam )

On takeoff: “QR18 cleared for takeoff, make left traffic” then if there’s another aircraft in the pattern: “QR18, number X traffic to follow on xxxxxxxxx” and when you clear me “QR18, cleared for the option” option: do what you want= fly by, touch and go, landing etc

1 Like

Thank you so much @Alexander_Pehrman @nicochile2 And thanks to others who attended
they were the things I just wanted to know that was a big help:)

1 Like

Hey Khan. I was the A320 (N1YZ) doing patterns. a few things:

• You did a good job with sequencing, but when someone is #1 in the pattern, you don’t need to issue any sequencing. Although you didn’t issue one to my on my pattern on 10R, you did for my pattern on 10L, and for @nicochile2 who I did notice called inbound after already being entered into the pattern through his takeoff command. The proper command to follow an inbound call is a pattern entry, but you used it in more than that occasion, and calling inbound while already in the pattern seems to be a TS1 thing anyways.

• Although your landing clearances are great, and you correctly change the direct for runway changes without mistake, you don’t need to repeat a “After the Option, make (left/right) traffic” as long as you already cleared them for the option with that command, or you told them the direction when they requested takeoff, remaining in the pattern, and you don’t want to change their direction. Just clearing them for the option without that last part only means to turn in the direction they were told to go in their last pattern. Adding this command unnecessarily also clutters the frequency, which you never want. Secondly, I noticed you repeated many landing clearances, pattern entries, and sequencing calls over and over again, for no reason. Unless you need to change my runway or take me out of the pattern and re-sequence me, there is no reason to send multiple landing clearances, pattern entries, or sequencing commands on the same pattern. Unless you change or cancel my landing clearance, I will remained cleared to land until I touch down again, and either takeoff or taxi off the runway. In this case though, I would still suggest to wait to at least downwind before clearing, to make sure all your aircraft are sequenced the way you want and no one is going to mess things up to early.

• When aircraft are too close together on downwind, base, or final, you can use multiple runways to help space things out, although on Tower, once sequenced, it is the pilot’s responsibility to make sure they are properly spaced before touch down (In real life and IF the Approach controller is responsible for this, and the pilot keeps himself properly spaced on his final approach, although IF has many more scenarios in which Approach is not available, but traffic levels could benefit greatly from it) You may have noticed that I was cutting it a bit close with the Dash-8 in front of my on my 3rd pattern on runway 10L. Normally, you would use a 360 for to aircraft close to each other that had just contacted you both from inbound, on a single-runway operation. In my case, it is really dangerous having a 360 on close final, with other aircraft that could be too close, causing them a 360, and so on, or on downwind and or base, causing a collision or close call, and the fact that the aircraft is too low. In that case then, you should have sent me a go around command, and resequenced me into the pattern. Always be ready to send aircraft around that couldn’t properly space themselves, or if they are close to the runway when another aircraft that landed hasn’t exited the runway yet, or if an aircraft you instructed to take off hasn’t left the ground yet. There should be no other traffic on the runway when a plane is about to land on it.

• Transition is the last thing. If an aircraft is flying through your airspace (You can see this by clicking on the airport) then they would request a transition to know the minimum height they should be flying over your airport to avoid traffic. This should usually be 2500-5000 ft above the airport AGL so the one you sent is a on the low side.
    If you want any more help feel free to contact me, and I’ll be happy to help out, as I am an Official Trainer and Tester for the IFATC
    -Zachary
    (Sorry about this late response. Novel to write. If something is confusing just ask an I’ll clarify it for you :)

5 Likes

are you some kind of trainer of the air traffic control side of IF??

As he mentioned. 👍🏻

3 Likes

Thanks man I didn’t really look at the message I looked like he wrote a lot so I just jumped to conclusions

1 Like

No worries mate, if your ever looking for our training team here’s the topic;

4 Likes

Thank you very much @Zachary_Meir_Tish for taking the time to write such a good explanation. I answer late because I’m not so good at writing english …I kept reading your comment
And it’s nice to hear that you’re training and ready to help, we’ll be sure to ask you questions about atc🙂

3 Likes

I have a question now
how do I know which aircraft are allowed and which is not allowed to an airport I am atc control

When you click the airport, it should say that it is class “bravo”, or “charlie”, “delta”, etc. Bravo airfields can have all types of aircraft. Also you could use common sense. There are many class bravo airports that just can’t hold a 747.

Can you send meg photo for better understand? Please

And how to get to know my airport airspace for (transition)

Just select an airport, like KFLL. Same place where you check who is controlling, or airport elevation, etc.

1 Like

There you go. I believe it changes depending on what “ring” the aircraft is flying through.

IMG_1605

1 Like

There it is. Right below the elevation. It says “Class Charlie”

1 Like

Ok so I must learn first charli bravo class which aircraft this are

1 Like

Check this for more.

4 Likes

Closed
ATC Training
EDDL ( Amsterdam )
I’ll be tower on ’hare Dusseldurff Intl. for about an 30-40 min . or so. Come on in and fly some patterns if you like. Feel free to leave your reviews and tip
Edit : closed

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.