(CLOSED) ATC Practice @ KORD on TS1

I’ll be tower on Chicago O’hare Intl. for about an hour or so. Come on in and fly some patterns if you like. Feel free to leave your reviews and tips after. Disclaimer: I rarely do ATC, but in my effort to become an advanced ATC I am starting to practice. So sorry in advance for any mistakes I make.

Edit: I will also be controlling ground

1 Like

May come, may be Callsign PARROT1 in an A318…

1 Like

Here’s what you need to improve on:

1. I requested for the close runway 32, which was open and had a headwind, but then you told me to taxi to the much further 28R. There was no use for this, as no other plane would be using 32 as I arrived there. Also, before you sent the taxi command, you said “hold position” there is no use for saying that at that time.

2. When I requested to take off on 28R, you said make left traffic. You are meant to say make right traffic if it is 28R and say make left traffic if it is 28L. Not the other way around. Because of that, I almost collided with the plane taking off RWY 28C, because I was told to make Left traffic I flew right into his flight path, and it almost resulted in a collision.

Use these to help your ATC experience.
Cockatoo

1 Like

Saw that you stopped by! Thanks for doing so for an inexperienced ATC as you can tell. While it was still not called for I told you to hold position because I was dealing with a grade 1 who was taking off on a taxiway. Regardless thanks for the tips I will be continually practicing tomorrow as well!

2 Likes

I’m happy I could help. 👍🙂

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.