[Closed] ATC @ KSSC [Training Server 2]

Practicing my ATC skills again, feedback would be awesome :)

On my way buddy, good luck

I’m here :)

Hi,

1. When I was in the pattern I was on Left downwind to 22L I requested change to 22R. Where a 787 was on right base to.
Before you acknowledged my request you gave the 787 pattern instructions and sequencing behind me… When you should have left him with clearence and given me the pattern instruction and sequence. You got very muddled there… Remember to think things over first.

** 2.** For the tranisition test you gave me 2500. Now that’s fine if that’s how you control but it’s dangerous. Maybe for a smaller aircraft but try and keep your tranisitions around 4-5000ft.

3. When I requested inbound for land after the tranisition you gave me a option clearence with pattern entry. Now option clearence does allow landings but I still announced “Inbound for Landing” meaning full stop. It’s best to give a landing clearence than…

4. When I tried reminding you with reporting full stop. You gave me “already cleared to land avoid unnecessary reports.” And remember you hadn’t cleared me to land you cleared me for the option.

Overall great session!

2 Likes

Hi man, I don’t was on your session, but I must say anything to my mate @Skylines.
->
Issue 3. When I requested inbound for land after the tranisition you gave me a option clearence with pattern entry. Now option clearence does allow landings but I still announced “Inbound for Landing” meaning full stop. It’s best to give a landing clearence than…
“Cleared for the option” covers a Full stop, now, if you gave him these kind of clearance it doesn’t matter, it is right. You cleared him for everything, this isn’t a Issue!!! But, if he announced inbound for landing, we would prefer “cleared for landing”…
->
Issue 4. When I tried reminding you with reporting full stop. You gave me “already cleared to land avoid unnecessary reports.” And remember you hadn’t cleared me to land you cleared me for the option.

I would do the same as you, if I cleared anyone for the option, and he “remind me” that he want do a full stop, I also send “pls avoid unnecessary reports” ok, if he announced landing I would give him a landing clearance.

My tipp: it happens often, if you have an aircraft in the pattern, and he do 5-10 pattern and after his “last touch and go” he reports now "XXX is On LDW, full stop. This is only a “help” from the pilots to prefer the ATC that he want now end his pattern flights. But if you have him “cleared for the option” before he announced his final stop, it gives 2 react’s for you. How you react about this, is your choice, I see this as a help and I react with “roger” <~ i DONT give him another Landing clesrance, because He is cleared for The Option. Or, The Second Choice is “roger” - “you are allredy cleared to land…”
How I say, it’s your choice… It isn’t a “Issue”…

Seriously
IFATC Officer
ChrizZz

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.