Closed ATC KPSP TS1 Please Read Notam

Hello I hope you all are having a great morning.

I am currently controlling at kont on the training server for the next half hour.

All aircraft are welcome and please fly patterns so I can practice controlling more than one aircraft flying. It is never busy when I control and I want to have many people fly when I am controling!

Runways: we are going to use the runway 31l and the runway 31r.

Notam: Please do not cross dotted yellow line unless I say! I have had so many people cross and enter the runway without permission and it is frustrating. People on the right runway will fly right traffic and people on left runway will fly left traffic.

Fly in and keep me busy! There is no such thing as too many planes to control 😁

4 Likes

If you’re going to add a NOTAM at leased use proper terminology. It’s called a Holdshort line

11 Likes

I am sorry, I’m new to the whole flying thing in general. Didn’t know it had a name I just knew you couldn’t pass it without permission.

Half the peanuts on TS aren’t on the forums. Best of luck.

5 Likes

Well now you know. You also know this [quote=“youngbombs, post:1, topic:107402”]
Fly in and keep me busy! There is no such thing as too many planes to control
[/quote] may cause you some issues right? 😈

4 Likes

I guess but I have never had more than 2 or 3 aircraft fly at once so it can’t be too bad?

Hey, later I might post a thing explaining KSNA, because it is my home airport. If anyone has questions they can contact me.

1 Like

lol that’s where your plan falls a part. But good luck

Right now there is only one airplane at ksna. I am sure a few more will not be too difficult :D

1 Like

Always​ remember to put the region…More people show up when they know where they are going. Alot of newbies won’t Google KSNA to know where it is.

Have you controlled at, or even been in the vicinity of LAX on TS1?

I am at KSNA on TS1 right now so to answer your question, yes. Did you not read the title of the post?

LAX, not KSNA, which is a GA dominated airport. Try KLAX and tell me how it is then :).

I hope it doesn’t sound rude, not trying to be.

You said the vicinity of LAX. There is a difference. Not sure what GA means but I get many different aircraft at KSNA. Might be a stupid person in aviation but at least I have a basic understanding of the English language.

I still do not understand this. I have only had 2 aircraft at a time and not more. Please explain?

I am now closed thank you to everyone that flew in. Hopefully I can get more aircraft next time.

No, KSNA is very commercial!!image
Real photos at KSNA!

4 Likes

Ok @youngbombs I think there was alot of good potential I saw. I’m happy to see that you understand what the up wind,cross wind, downwind, base and final turns are.

Your sequencing was on point and I think that will become your strong suit so long as you remember to give them as soon as you can. Tyler says in his video tutorials to sequence, clear and your done…those words are stuck in my head lol 🤤😂

Anyway, I requested a transition and you replied with “say intentions”. A transition allows an aircraft to fly through your airspace. A recent change made all airports (in the game) air space from surface to 5,000 ft. Anything above 5,000 ft isn’t your airspace and aircraft won’t (shouldn’t) request a transition​ above 5,000ft. A good transition is 3,000 ft because it allows an aircraft to fly through your airspace and join the pattern if they requested it

I think you did awesome and I think after your carefully review the ATC and tutorials category and the ATC flight tab you should contact a recuriter and or supervisor I think you met @Brandon_Sandstrom already I’m still polishing my skills myself so nice job asking for help. Sorry if any info is incorrect in advance.

See you in the skies

1 Like

Thank you for flying all those patterns. I was confused as to why you requested a transition out of the blue on the middle of your downwind leg during one of the patterns. That was why I asked you to say intentions. I am not sure if I am correct though. @Brandon_Sandstrom can you confirm?

1 Like

Your welcome and Yeah @youngbombs that was a bit unrealistic on purpose…Just wanted to see where your head was at on transitions also nice job on the go around…I turned base early behind the Q400 to see how fast you would issue the go around. I’m not a scouter or recruiter im just giving feedback

Verify with supervisors and be cautious of advice you get from people… Always wanna make sure it’s coming from knowledgeable sources​