[CLOSED] ATC @ KONT on TS1

Hey I am currently ATC at KONT on TS1.
SoCal region.

Please leave constructive feedback! :)

You said WMBT in title and KONT in your topic.

1 Like

Accident, I’ll fix it! Thankyou for spotting!

1 Like

So! Overall, I’ll give your controlling 7/10

It’s unnecessary to tell the pilot ‘clear for immediate take off’ when there’s not traffic coming in.

With your pattern work, I took off from RWY 08L and told me to make right traffic. Just after I took off, someone on RWY 08R was taking off and almost went in a collision.

While I was on base, you told someone on RWY 08L (the runway I was doing T/G’s) to line up and wait. You should check the map a little more.
But everything else is pretty good

Thankyou very much for your feedback, I will learn to work on those things. I like people who don’t give terrible feedback but instead they make it constructive! Once again Thankyou very much! :)

1 Like

This is a good example of why the devs need to add heading directions to Tower’s frequency.[quote=“Panther, post:4, topic:95497”]
While I was on base, you told someone on RWY 08L (the runway I was doing T/G’s) to line up and wait. You should check the map a little more.
[/quote]

If they are just waiting on the end of the runway can’t you touch down after them? Was that the right command to give or not? :)

Sorry about that stuff…

I’m actually not sure if that’s wrong, but personally I consider it wrong and would never do it, although I think if you told the person to line up and wait after @Panther touched down it should be fine, as usually it takes someone a good 15 seconds to line up and wait, and by then the landing aircraft should already almost be stopped and exiting the runway.

Depending on how far he turned base, you should be able to get by with a simple “line up and wait”, followed by a “cleared for immediate takeoff”.

1 Like

Thankyou, I usually use it for when a plane is too close for an immediate takeoff or one has just landed/taken off. :)

1 Like

Or you could of told me to extend upwind

True but I’d still like to see a heading option for tower…

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.