[Closed] ATC @ KHPN 132120ZJAN17

Currently will have ATC open at Westchester County (New York Region)
Patternwork gladly accepted.
Feedback also accepted.
Training Server 1. See you there!

2 Likes

KLM incoming for a short time.

Good luck that place has eaten my lunch in more then 1 occasion.

1 Like

Moved to HPN in NY region

2 Likes

Callsign is AAT18A

1 Like

are you coming on… or not?

1 Like

I was but before I got reported for no reason and now I’m wating for Tyler to review my screen shots

1 Like

oh ok… good luck with that

1 Like

Feedback here or on PM?

1 Like

I was their I saw the klm 737

1 Like

here is fine

1 Like

Okay.

You said: Enter right downwind, runway 34. No need to say that, since I just took off and was already in the pattern (cleared for takeoff, right traffic) The last part means I’m already in the right traffic pattern for runway 34. You only enter someone in the pattern who is inbound, or if you want to change a runway for a pilot who is in the pattern. Example: when I am in pattern for runway 34, you could say: Enter left downwind, runway 29. After that command I am in left traffic pattern for runway 29.

When I was following the plane in front (also in the pattern), you said: I’ll call your base. If you say that, you maintain my spacing. It’s not totally wrong either, but it’s better to use sequencing. It’s better to send this command to me: Number 2, traffic to follow is on right downwind. I marked follow, because I need to maintain spacing myself if you tell me that. Much better that way. If a plane doesn’t maintain enough spacing when you told a pilot to follow someone, send them a go around.

Last thing, which is more of a tip and not a mistake: You always say: Number 1, cleared for the option, make right traffic. The last part isn’t needed, since I am already in the right traffic pattern. Saves you time to leave this out.

2 Likes

ok. I just found out there is a sequence button without saying enter. And yea, thanks

Goodluck Jef.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.