[Closed] American Airlines Fly-In @ KDFW - 042000ZNOV17

(This event is not for a VA. Anyone can join!)

Server: Training

Airport: KDFW

Time: 2000Z (3:00 PM CDT, 8:00 PM GMT, 6:00 AM AEDT (Sunday November 5th)

NOTAM: For this event, you can hop in any American Airlines aircraft, spawn at any airport across the globe and fly in for a meet-up at Dallas-Ft. Worth International Airport, American’s biggest hub. And, please make sure you time your flight to arrive in DFW between 2:45 PM CDT-3:30 PM CDT. For this, I highly recommend planning your flight out beforehand, you don’t wanna spawn in and see that you will arrive at 6:45 PM CDT.
Don’t forget to check the wind map (I use windy.com, and set the slider (on the bottom right of the screen) altitude to 39,000) because headwinds or tailwinds could affect the arrival time. And make sure your aircraft is realistic for the flight, don’t spawn in a 787-9 at MSY for the short 90 minute flight to DFW.

ATC Positions:

DFW Approach: @Mickell_Augustine
DFW Tower: @Marcus_Chee
DFW Ground: @Marcus_Chee

When we get to DFW, any aircraft that is larger than a 757/A321 will park at Terminal D. Any aircraft that is a 757/A321 or smaller will park at Terminal C. Don’t worry, from this screenshot they look small but Terminal C has 31 gates, and so does Terminal D. In the unlikely event that we need more gate space, we will expand to Terminal A.

Map view
When you land, don’t forget to take screenshots! The quality of other planes now is much higher than before, so it should look great. I will also land a little early to take pictures of planes landing, maybe we could even get some parallel landings :)
Most importantly, please remember to announce any and all intentions on Unicom! I can’t wait and hope to see you there!

P.S. If AA isn’t your thing, be on the look-out for other airline fly-in’s soon!

7 Likes

I’ll like a gate! I’m not completely sure where I’ll fly in from though.

1 Like

No assigned arrival gates, just park at any open one at the 2 terminals I mentioned :)

Ill come from KMCI in a 737-800. If i’m not busy ill look forward to this event!

1 Like

I’ll try to fly in with a 777-300ER if I have time. Can’t wait!

2 Likes

I’ll come from KDEN in an A320. Planning to depart at 12:50 MDT.

1 Like

I changed my mind to an A320 from MSY

1 Like

Anyone else going to come in a heavy? I might bring a 787 from somewhere in Europe or eastern Asia.

I just added ATC positions. If you are interested in one, please reply!

Please take note of the new date change! I hope you all can still make it.
The time has also been pushed forward an hour.

Unfortunately I cannot attend since I will be in another event. Sorry :(

1 Like

I am definitely going to be there! I’ll be flying in from LAX will be in DFW around 4:00 PM. It’s going to be awesome seeing all of y’all!

2 Likes

Do you mean 4:00 PM EDT? Because you should try to get there around 3:00 PM CDT 😊

1 Like

Haha, I’ll try and get their earlier! Honestly, this is my home airport, so I am very excited for this one!

2 Likes

Good to hear! Can’t wait.

1 Like

Is it November 4th or 5th?

1 Like

I will take Ground and Tower.

2 Likes

Comin in a 73 from KMIA, sounds like a plan!

2 Likes

I’ll be approach…

2 Likes

Can we fly in a regional and park in terminal B?

2 Likes