[Closed] Active ground and tower ATC @ EGNX TS1

Trying my hand at ATC and for the first time reaching out to the community to join my frequency. So if you fancy doing some patterns over the stunning Leicestershire countryside or continuing your journey elsewhere, spawn in and let me know what you think.

Disclaimer: i’m not an experienced ATC so excuse any errors or slowness

4 Likes

Would you like public or private feedback?

1 Like

Whichever you prefer - public feedback can help other aspiring ATC’s!

2 Likes

Might be there in around 30 minutes if you’re still there. Callsign AAP107

1 Like

Brilliant! Hopefully see you there!

1 Like

I will be ther ELSTERIF

2 Likes

Sorry guys my phone died!

Thank you all for coming and taking your time to fly in my airspace and apologies for the errors! any sort of feedback appreciated however harsh it may be!

1 Like

Hey man I was there for a few passes. I was the F18, callsign Navy 11. I can see that you got the basics down you didn’t do too bad, just a few things that I noticed that you missed:

1. When I contacted you for takeoff with my request to remain in the pattern, you didn’t give me any information on how to enter the pattern (such as right or left traffic) so I continued upwind with no call or instructions from you, so I had to come back up to you and call inbound for touch and go, you then gave me a pattern entry.
  2. Know your difference between left downwind and right downwind, you mixed those up a few times. (I know they can be easily misinterpreted I do it as well)
  3. Work on the sequencing, very important for when you have multiple aircraft in your pattern and others inbound for landing especially with only a single runway.
  4. The use of line up and wait and speed adjustments: line up and wait can be your lifesaver when you are trying to thread the needle for a departure between two arrivals. It’s quite simple, when the first arrival passes the aircraft on the ground waiting to depart, put the departure aircraft in line up and wait, also tell the second arrival to maintain slowest practical speed. Once the first arrival exits the runway, depart the aircraft and clear your second arrival to land. This method should only be used with good judgment if you feel the second arrival is far enough away to get a departure out.
  5. One thing I would like to add which is strictly technique and not required to do: the situation was one guy on a 12 mile left base and another in a left downwind about 4 or 5 miles from the airport instructed to follow the guy on left base, and I was #3 behind the guy on the left downwind, only about 1 mile from the airport. Something you can practice with me being an F18, I am very quick and manuevarble, I can make a very short approach from the downwind and not have to fly all the way out to 10 or so miles to follow the bigger planes such as your B787 and A320’s. (Like I said before, it’s just a thought, not at all a requirement) especially because I’m just conducting practice approaches.

Overall good job man you got the hang of it just a few knicks to work on but keep at it!

4 Likes

You make a good job i noticed that you
1 have to sequence, the problem is you give pattern instructions (good) but nobody knows where the plane to follow is.
2 Use “turn base” instat off "enter Left/Right Base"
3 You mixed up left/right downwind several times.
But at all a good job :D

Hey mate,

Cheers for coming and thanks for the compliments and criticism. You certainly threw a spanner in the works with the F/18!

I’ll take all of that onboard - i poorly judged the approach of inbound aircraft and left an aircraft holding short for a good 5 minutes. It’s just a case of getting used to controlling the airspace as it gets busier and not forgetting about the guys on the ground and all the different commands!

I’ll definitely take in the fighter jet approaches as well. I got confused on how i would approach it so i sent @Dennis_preuss on an extended downwind until you were a fair few miles out (sorry for that!) but should have just given you cleared for the option number 1 and him number 2.

Hopefully see you in the skies or from the tower soon!

4 Likes

Thanks for the feedback sir! enjoyed guiding you around the skies of Leicestershire!

Sorry for the mistakes and i’ll take that feedback on board

Hopefully see you in the skies or from the tower soon!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.